Jambands.ca

It's All About BEER

bradm

You know you want it. This weekend is the Capital City Beer Festival. It's down in the Festival Plaza beside the courthouse on Elgin, and features loads of breweries, great food, and even music. Tickets are $17 in advance (available at a Beer Store near your) or $20 at the event.

It works the way most food/wine shows do: your entrance fee gets you (in this case, 10) sample tickets, and tickets can be redeemed for beer samples (usually 2 or 3 per 2-4 oz sample; foreign/expensive beers cost more tickets). You can also purchase more tickets.

I'm thinking of heading down Saturday afternoon, and then maybe having dinner somewhere on Elgin. Anybody else up for it?

Aloha,

Brad

hmmmm...mmmm!!!

Davey-boy and I had quite a good time there last year. I lucked out and somehow got an extra rolll of tickets on the way in so it was an extra good time. Definatly a good way to try out new beers, the servings are kinda small but if you get a feel for which booths are generous it is worth the money. We left in a golden brown toasted sort of way