Jambands.ca

Toy of the Day

bradm

only at times like this do i wish i had american money, my brother woudl love that...

for you poor folk, get a lazer pointer and a cut crystal (cut like a diamond) point the lazer pointer through it and you get some cool dots.

uh ok but its still fun

In the "What Hath Brad Bought?" Dept.:

Actually, I spoke too soon. I got home, and there was a form from Canada Post saying a package had arrived for me: an amp I had bought through eBay. 12" speaker, 10-12 watts, all tube (except for solid-state power supply), and, best of all, all original: Fender speaker, and Fender tubes (see the Fender Amp Field Guide for details; mine's the Champ 12). Also gotta love the white snakeskin tolex...

I unpacked it (styrofoam packing popcorn everywhere), set it up, plugged in, turned it on, and it's a joy. The clean channel is a dream, but the overdrive channel needs a bit of work (it's too intense). After a bit of playing around, I even came up with a recordable riff (called, appropriately, "Snakeskin"). Also, it's loud enough to work in jamming situations (my other amp's a '73 Champ, and at only 6 watts, it has to be almost maxed out to be heard over a drummer and other guitarist), but light enough (26 lbs) to be luggable.

Aloha,

Brad