Jambands.ca

Herbie Hancock at the NAC

Davey Boy 2.0

I'm soooooo down with that sound!!

And don't forget the OFFICIAL after party at Babylon with NO JAZZ.

If Prince and Maceo played Oliver's, it is reasonalble to think it is possible for Herbie and friends to hit Babylon...... Can you take the chance of missing that? I sure fucking can't! It IS being marketed as the "official" after party......... OMG...could you imagine?

I saw this same show in Toronto last year. Definitely a fine evening of music. Hope it doesn't sell out, 'cuz I'll be around for this one. Brian Blade will be on drums. My favourite jazz drummer on the scene. And Roy Hargrove is a powerful trumpet player. Way different show that the one in Montreal a while back, and in my opinion, way better. Hope to see some of you there. Davey Boy, you got an extra?

After talk to The Sloth last night, I changed my mind, and forked some bucks at Ticketbastard.

This one should be fun; I'm especially looking forward to Michael Brecker; I've got one of his records ("Don't Try This At Home"), and some of the stuff he did with Zappa, and the guy's amazing. Hancock is, well, Hancock; 'nuff said.

I've never heard Hargrove, but if Herbie and Mike will play with him, that's good enough for me.

Aloha,

Brad

Hey BradM, I think people are getting together at my place around 6:30 or so. 116 Cambridge, N, near Bronson and Somerset. Front Door. Nobody admitted withour either beer, rails, or hookers. If you are the first to bring all three, you get the comfy chair.

Woohoo,

Im pschyed for this show, Bradm Im glad my half-drunken rant loosened the purse strings (Its always easier to convince someone to check out a great upcoming jazz show while watching a great jazz show).

Anyone else out there thats still on the fence on this show should really think about coming out. Get the cheap seats (there are still some left) cuz every seat in the NAC sounds mint.

Anybody know what a good arrival time would be? IIRC, the ticket said an 8pm start; is that when the doors open or when they hit the stage?

Also, how is everybody planning on getting to Babylon afterwards? I'd be up for meeting with people after the show (and before), but would need a where/when.

Aloha,

Brad