Jambands.ca

SCI fans: don't read this!

backbacon

This post was on a US board. Found it quite amusing:

Superjam looked so incredibly promising...watching the sunset in one direction, turn around and that same sun is lighting up Stanton, Rob Mercurio, Robert Randolph, Kang, Luther Dickinson, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Logic etc standing in a big circle stage right laughing and cutting up....and it started out funky, but went nowhere...everyone deferred to Bela, and he was giving out solo time pretty evenly, but he wasn't ready to run the jams to the next level...Stanton and R.Randolph were *very* ready to accelerate the whole thing to a raging funkdown, but then bela would give the nod and Kang would start the Riverdance theme or Nershi would try to rip some half assed willie nelson solo, and all the energy would disappear. Rich Vogel even came out at one point and tried to lively it up, but the energy was flowing the other way, so he gave up and what's-his-fuck that plays keys for $CI got up there.

so then i think grandpa is finally getting off the stage, but no, he's demanding a fucking microphone so he can fucking sing...sing?~!?!?...hello? say it with me...SUPER...JAM...that means fucking jamming, not fucking trying to 'bust out' a schwag-ass will the circle be unbroken...no one wants to hear that shit pops, get off the corn liquor! you want a hoe-down? you want a fucking sing along with the winged hooper Teletubby etard patrol? go to fucking Telluride...that shit don't jibe with Superfly at all. the reason your microphone wouldn't work repeatedly even though the sound team had hooked up a new band every 90 minutes flawlessly for three straight days is because NO ONE WANTED TO HEAR YOUR OLD MONKEY ASS SINGING SHIT, BEYOTCH! It was the closest they could come to actually gonging you or putting the sheperd's crook around your neck and dragging you off the stage. we don't want to hear you sing, we don't want to hear you plinking the fuck around on your goddamned electric hammer dulcimer or whatever that little stringed fagboard was, and we don't want you trying to solo out of 'country guitar for beginners' when Luther Dickinson is standing right there waiting to rip shit up!

In short: Dear Nershi...you're an unexciting fruit basket of middling talent, you have old man jowls hanging off your pasty biceps, and you have NO FUCKING BUSINESS being ANYWHERE near any stage where people actually intend to jam, much less SUPERjam. Try to remember that.

Also, i think anyone who tries to hula hoop in a fucking crowd of people deserves to have that anti-social narcissistic ring of idiocy slapped to the ground by everyone who is trying to walk around their 'sacred hooping space'. fuckers. alright. i'm done. i swear.

When did the east coast/ west coast rap thing begin to infiltrate the jamband scene? I am all for strongly supporting your favorite band, but there seems to be a gang mentality taking over in a realm where everyone is just suppose to enjoy the music. It is unfortunate to see fans of one band hacking other bands, and the fans of other bands, when the music alot of these bands play (ie. widespread,sci etc) is so similar that non fans of the scene would say it all sounds the same to them. I have been checking out reports from Bonaroo that have been posted all over the net and this theme of band vs. band is definately surfacing. It makes me happy to be here in Canada where we are so happy to have any jamband who can pull off touring this huge country show up, we couldn't imagine slagging any of them let alone joining an all out PR war against other fans of other bands who aren't our favorites. So being out on the west coast I just want to say thanks to Burt,New Deal,Nero,recipe,blue quarter,moses mayes,fat cats and all the other Canadian groups (past and present) who do the miles to entertain us. To those of you who get to go to Frontier Town, enjoy!

by the way, I'm a long time listener, first time caller. Glad to be on board.