Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

Ms.Huxtable

FRIG Not the Awful House !

ohmygoodnesss.... just the name alone conjurs up dreadful memories of the one "meal" we ate there in N.Carolina in '94

Worst ever !

Greasiest plate I've ever witnessed in my life !

Ugh..... and thanks to Bouche and Wackamole, Booche and I almost got stuck eating there again after they took off with the van ("We'll be back in half an hour!")..... not that I'm bitter or anything...

some guys i know went down to the states so i old them to bring me back something terrible and decadent from the states a la "peanut butter and jelly in the same jar" mode

they didnt feel they could be that gross so they brought me chocolate and peanut butter oreo cookies - well they were pretty darn gross anyway!

they dont sell clamato down there? they dont drink just bloody marys do they??? and they call themselves civilized...

hey charlie !

1. ak47s not commonly used up here? who are you hangin' with? some sorta granola eatin' draft dodgin hippys or sumpin??? [Wink] (note my location under my post - and you'll understand)

2. McRibs!! ding ding ding ding!!! my favourite fake meat of all time! if you ever find a mr. submarine again, they make the BEST rib submarine sandwich with the same fake meat, but in a pinch you can buy them frozen and nukem for 2 minutes - wrap in a tortilla with cheese, lettuce, bbq sauce and tomatos, and it's the best bad food around.

ya, i've recently given all that up... *sigh*

McDonalds! Man, I miss the golden taste of one of their burgers called a Big Mike. It actually has two all beef© patties, special sauce, and more. Sound off if you know what I talking about!

And talk about atmosphere! You actually go get the food yourself and sit WHEREVER YOU LIKE!

howdy h!

I ride with the Super Soaker Posse... the Banditos don't even mess with us, that's why we have our own clubhouse...worse than the Nugget any day [Razz][Razz]

It must be the heat, that's got me ramblin' these days..

Smith Falls, eh? I'm currently in Yarker (north of the 401, but still south of the 7) where we got liver eatin', commie bombin' rednecks... seriously, though, the guy across the street from us does a lot of Anarchist Handbook reading, collects swords/knives and enjoys his gun ensemble - pretty spooky, but if you just smile and nod he offers you a Black Ice and all is cool!

I have an on-topic question now though

i noticed that the no name peanut butter that i bought the other day is homoginized - is all non natural peanut butter homoginized? i havent opened it yet so if you tell me theyre not then i can still return it...

on topic? man, what a bummer...

In fact, according to my research ( [Wink] ), all non-natural PB is Homgenized, so you may as well chow down... here's a little piece of useless info to go along with that:

quote:

The most important eating breakthrough of the 20th century is peanut butter. In 1928, the Swift Packing Company began to sell Peter Pan, the world's first hydrogenated, homogenized peanut butter. The rest, as they say, is history. Can you imagine how empty the last seven decades would have been without peanut butter?

- taken from Canoe.ca

Now there's someone with PB high on the priority list!!

Oh good grief, Waffle House ...

My first visit to Waffle House ... It was in Georgia, I think. My memory is a little sketchy since I was in a lot of discomfort at the time, being 18 months pregnant and all (well, it FELT that way ...)

At the southern US Waffle Houses, everything comes with grits.

Me: "'Scuse me, what's a 'grit'?"

Big-haired waitress: "Oh, yu'll lahk theyum, thar guud."

Strangely, Waffle House chow was one of the few things that didn't make me feel like hurling (well, physically, anyway--psychologically, it was still pretty revolting), as long as I avoided the processed cheese.

Weezy said my answer....

Pringles Cheezums!

They used to sell them here, but they disappeared. I even emailed Pringles about it, and they thanked me and said taht if there were more people here enjoying the product like me, they'd still be on the shelves.

My folks went to Myrtle beach one year, and I axed them to bring me back some. They brought me back over a dozen CANS! THey were only 99 cents where they were. That's a far cry from the standard $2.49 here.

-

quote:

Originally posted by h:

is all non natural peanut butter homoginized?

"Homogenized' means that the stuff has been processed in such a way as to make the fat stay mixed with everything else. That's why you have to stir "all-natural" PB. For that matter, it's why you have to shake fresh milk. Anyway, regular store-bought PB is homogenized, yes.

'Course, what the big companies don't tell you is that each spoonful of peanut butter increases your risk of developing cancer. This is due to aflatoxin produced by aspergillis fungi that grow on the peanuts (and grains). Some crops are worse than others. Clicky for info about crop losses and controlling aspergillis on peanuts.