Jambands.ca

Beau Dixon / The Formula Tonight

bradm

Why aren't you coming to CTFEst?

Days of You is tonight...

Tomorrow night...

8:00 Drive-By Leslie *

10:30 Fat Cats

1:00 a.m. Friends of Hefner (in the saloon)

and the grand finales...

9:00 p.m. nero **

11:00 p.m. Burt Neilson Band

1:00 a.m. Mark Wilson & The Way It Is (in the saloon)

* with stapes grabbing the mic and saying "Thanks for making me come here everyone!"

** with Stapes on vocals

Yeehaw!

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Why aren't you coming to CTFEst?

Time pressure, mostly. I had to wrangle heavily to get Phil Week off, and couldn't manage to get away today. I also wanted to see all of Ferriswheeler / Nero, and catch up on some sleep...

I'm also saving energy for August: CTMF, Evolve, moe.down.

Have a good time; see if somebody can not only tape but videotape Stapes...

Aloha,

Brad

Beau Dixon will blow you away!!

Although Beau is not a member of the Formula, he will be performing with them tonight.

I hope to see whoever hasn't left town at the show tonight. Between CTMF, Montreal Jazz and a beautiful cottage weekend it might be tough to draw. Plus the tek Rock thing, and the first football game in a few years.... Beau deserves a big crowd... I hope he gets it.

doubleB: IIRC, the show tonight is $6, or $15 with your choice of CDs. Have you heard either or both of them? If I went for the $15 fee, which CD should I get? (Is there a deal for door fee and both CDs? Can I pay the $6, get in, listen to 'em, then pay $9 and get a CD if I like what I hear?)

Aloha,

Brad

I agree, the $15 cover including a CD isa a great idea, especialy for a CD release party.

BradM, I'm sure I can cut you a deal for both CD's. If I had to choose, I would take Beau's. There both pretty good, but neither are stellar, and I think the live shows both bands lay down put their CD's to shame. I guess that is the mark of a good band though.

Booche... I can see blowing off CTMF for Mtl Jazz and Canada day Nero..... but the rough riders? please?... you r more of a loser than I give you credit for [Wink]

Thanks, doubleB, I'll talk it over with you tonight; I was especially interested in getting the/a deal after I had heard the bands.

I'm probably going to get to Barrymore's 'round 8:30pm or so, if anybody wants to tag along. I'll be up in the top bar, and I'm guessing Babylon won't open until 10pm or so (correct me if I'm wrong, doubleB), so I'll probably leave around 9:45pm or so.

Aloha,

Brad