Jambands.ca

Who Tour is back on!

Jaimoe

I can't believe it, but it's true. A Moon and Ox-less Who are honouring all their booked concert dates, including Toronto. Do I want to go? I'm really undecided. They are my fav band ( along with the Allmans ), but with only 2 surviving members, and one of them is Roger, I just don't know.

Actually AD, Pete and Roger were encouraged to continue with the tour by Entwistle's immediate family. It's gotta be hard for Pete and Roger because neither one likes each other too much. John was the stabilizing force in the band. I don't think The Who should be put in a money-grubbers category with the likes of Lynyrd Skynryd and the Beach Boys.

Some of the obits did make reference to the fact that touring was an economic reality for Roger and Entwhistle where it was not for Townshend (just like Robbie Robertson gets all The Band's cake- I guess The Gap is just icing). Seems as if Evan Rogers Highlander residuals just aren't paying for the house in France.

My take on this one is that as long as this IS the final tour, then there is no disrespect to the memory of their fallen bandmate. It really was last-minute, and it can't be easy to shut down a three month tour just like that. Could've delayed a few gigs until the man is buried, though.

What's really disturbing is the news that The Doors may tour next year, with Ian Astbury (The Cult) filling in for The Lizard King. [Roll Eyes] Ugh.