Jambands.ca

Question of the day?

Phred

I have missed reading, and responding to, the question of the day. I will propose my own.

Question of the day 07/05/02

What is your favourite TV show from your childhood, or any old TV show that you wish you could see in reruns?

My favouite show was Battle of the Planets (G-Force). It was an animated show with Characters with names like Tiny, Zoltar, Keyup (sp?). Do you remember? I used to watch it all the time. Every afternoon at school. First I would watch it in english and then switch channels and see another episode in french.

What shows do you remember from your childhood?

Phred

- "The Rockford Files", weekdays at 4pm on CityTV

- "Robotech", Sunday mornings on WUTV

- bad Chinese kung-fu movies (e.g., "Five Masters of Death From Shaolin"), Saturday afternoons on WUTV

- "Maverick", Saturday afternoons on WUTV (IIRC)*

Aloha,

Brad

* Pop quiz: who were the three actors to play the lead on "Maverick", what were the characters they played, and how were they related?

quote:

i was a huge gi joe and transformers fan!

also enjoyed the muppets.

I couldn't agree more. I loved all three of those shows. When I started getting older I remember noticing how many shots were being fired in GI Joe, and no one ever got hit.

Pretty funny.

Fav shows include:

G-force

Original Spider-man

Hercules

Battlestar Galactica

Mork & Mindy

Hilarious House of Frightenstein

*pop quiz potential answer: James Garner played Bret, James Bond..err...Roger Moore played Beau and that Kelly guy played Bart.

I think they were all closet opiate addicts

Good show, but I was more a fan of the boys from Ponderosa Ranch

Yee Haw!!!

-

Badges?! Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!

quote:

Originally posted by Fred:

I remember noticing how many shots were being fired in GI Joe, and no one ever got hit.

Pretty funny.

what about the A-team... you could drop a 20 megaton warhead on any of those dudes and they'd come stumblin' out of the settling mushroom cloud, wiping the dust from their clothes! Not a scratch on 'em!

I'll stick to English shows for this board... [smile]

For developing my knowledge of English, I'd love to check again episodes of Write On!, Eureka (great science primers), and The Electric Company.

But, hands-down, the show I'd watch probably as avidly now as then would be any and every episode of Vision On, the British show originally for deaf children which opened my brain to imagination (and origami).

-

All about life and the joy of discovery!

Also, like CharlieDon'tSurf, I too enjoyed "The Hilarious House of Frankenstein." -

The Wolfman dance segment was probably the closest thing to a drug trip I went on when I was 5!

Other honourable mentions: Mr. Dress-Up and Sesame Street.

I just loved those variety type shows. Very mentally stimulating. [big Grin]

ok does anybody remember a show where actors would perform mini plays of fables?

avery brooks was on it and the dentist from the first bob newhart show... and a bunch others that you'd recognize

they'd do fables like the crow and the fox - the evil versions too usually...

the opening was them coming through a field like a traveling gypsy show with a horse drawn wagon singing

why dont we sing this song all together...

open your eyes and the picture fades

and if we sing this song all together...

then we will see where we all come from...

( i dont know the words - i think it's a stones song)

i messed up it was avery schrieber, not avery brooks,duh *trekkie* hic!

Avery Schriber was the Doritos guy for years

anyway, it was Story Theatre... originally aired 1971, though i saw it later...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0303535

i wish you could see ti though and/or pictures, because i think it was a trippy show - i knew it was weird even when i was little

wheres Velvet? i bet he remembers this one ...

quote:

Originally posted by backbacon:

Also, like CharlieDon'tSurf, I too enjoyed "The Hilarious House of Frankenstein."

Quoth The Mercenary: "Oh Gawd, I'm trying to block that out of my memory ..."

Me, I liked Vincent Price. 'Nuff said on the front.

Favourite show? Geez, I dunno. My tastes change suddenly, and with alarming regularity (on several fronts: I'm *still* ambivalent about beer, even the free variety--better stick to strawberry slushies for now).

Ummm, in light of that comment about my tastes changing, The Mercenary is looking at me with some concern ... I can't imagine why ... [Roll Eyes]

Another lovely day begins,

for ghosts and ghouls with greenish skin.

So close your eyes,

and you will find,

that you've arrived in FRIGHTENSTEIN !!!

Perhaps the count will find a way,

to make his monster work today.

For if he solves this MONSTER-MANIA,

he can return to TRANSYLVANIA !!!!

So welcome to where the sun don't shine,

to the castle of

COUNT FRIGHTENSTEIN !!!

My personal fav was this dude:

-

The Super Hippy!

Check out the site boys & girls:

Frightenstein

I can't believe people are talking about G Force, is it really called Battle of the Planets? I was starting to think that it was a dream. Wouldn't you love to get video of old episodes, of many of these shows. Like Dr. Snuggles or Barbapapa.