Jambands.ca

nerolog, Stardate 06232402

Velvet

nero @ The Waterfront, Saint John, New Brunswick

Dragged our sorry carcasses outta bed and hit the road to Saint John. Met up with our super-hosts Sean and Nina and surfed/ate/drank/smoked/hung until soundcheck. The setup was slightly different this time at the Waterfront in that I got to do the door from a place where I could see/hear the band. Pretty slow first night - so slow in fact that the bar guy said it was up to us if we even wanted to bother playing the next night too. Of course we do! People will come. Luckily, I was right, and after a long rambling interview at the campus station (my first time being included in the interview booth!) and a fine meal we found a lot more people came out for the second night. Good thing we stuck around.

Another east coast tour under our belts, and next time will be the warmup for Evolve. More good times ahead...I guess that's the key.

The key is also not dying. When we pulled into the parking lot for food in Edmunston, the brakes failed to work. We found a mechanic that told us we needed a new vacuum pump for the braking system, but he couldn't do the repair for days. "If your goin' to Ottawa you should be okay, just take it easy." Easy is just how we took it, and we made it okay. We didn't have much stopping to do anyways.

I

Effervescence>

Moby's Dream>

Lemondust

Joseph's B&E Bonanza

Holetown Charlie>

First Tube

II

Oregano Mice>

Centragnome

Seasons of the Abyss

Whispy Mountain Wonder