Jambands.ca

How about a theme for Nero this week?

bradm

It seems like the last few Ottawa Nero shows (Nero's Eve, 4/20, Nero Goes Hawaiian) have been "theme" nights.

Seeing as we have a double-header this week, I think at least one of the nights should have a theme. Friday might be better, first because it's Friday, and second because it gives us more time to figure out what the theme should be and to get themed.

Anybody have any ideas for a theme? (Having two competing themes might be fun, maybe with audience particitpation competition...)

Aloha,

Brad

Hmmmmm, theme party eh? I think the theme should be...

"Nude bradm in a backpack getting drunker than hell"

brad, you will spend the night nude and in a backpack (a la C3PO in Empire), and everyone will take turns carrying you on their back. You get to choose who carries you next based on how many drinks you are getting.. fun ensues

maybe a "wear your favorite meat" night.. that could be cool.

other suggestions?

Somebody (it might have been LowRoller) had an idea like that for a party: a CD/doobie exchange. Entrance fee is a CD you make up (could be a single band/show, or a mix, whatever) and a doobie; they all go into a pot*. After everybody arrives, you pass around the pot and people pick CDs and doobies randomly out of it. The CDs get played at the party and taken home by the people who picked them, the doobies get enjoyed there/then or later.

(My parents used to things like this with chili and cookies: you bring a dozen cookies and enough chili for two to the party. All the chili goes into the same pot, and the cookies get laid out on the table. You enjoy the chili, and walk around the table grabbing a cookie or two from each person's contribution, leaving at the end of the night with a whole lot of differnent types of cookie.)

Aloha,

Brad

* No pun intended.

here's jaybone's ideas..

"on the topic of themes for the Deckuf shows i'ld like to throw in White Trash Night. We can have appetizers of spray cheese on crackers and spam spread. Everyone can dress their trashiest and maybe the bar would consider drink specials on Old Milwaukee from the can!

Pimps and Hos is another fun theme to consider as is Formal Night."

I just got back from vacation, only to discover that I have a new neighbour in the next cubicle, and that neighbour is real hoe. Seriously. It's a stick with metal thing on the end.

I don't know why it's there or who put it there, but if it gets me into a nero party, I'm okay with it.

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

everyone will take turns carrying you on their back. You get to choose who carries you next based on how many drinks you are getting.. fun ensues

This theme can be subtitled, "arcane's not there."

quote:

maybe a "wear your favorite meat" night.. that could be cool.

La la la la la ...

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

I just got back from vacation, only to discover that I have a new neighbour in the next cubicle, and that neighbour is real hoe. Seriously. It's a stick with metal thing on the end.

... and now EVERYBODY in the office is making ho' jokes when they walk past the cubicle ...

I'm thinking of putting a name tag on it that says "Bitch".