Jambands.ca

Dude, I finished my new web site

PhishyK

hi everyone,

Well I am getting more and more psyched for my big move to the big Toronto. Working on getting a place before I get to town, even!

So I finished my new promotional web site for my music. Please have a look!

www.fatbass.ca

The email address isn't active yet though... but all else is set up. I would like anyone's feedback about the site, like it, hate it? I made it myself, 100% and I am quite proud.

How's things in Toronto anways?

hi earthfreak [smile]

Kev

You should be poud Phishy K

That looks quite tantalizing.

Didnt I invite you to my place in Ottawa a few weeks ago?

Jeebus man, lets get wasted and play some shit. I aint serious about being in a band since I suck, but I love campfire jams!

Did you see the PLQ in TO?

(Phil Lesh Quintet, Toronto)

Now, THOSE are the harmonies we all have to do.

If Days Of You is playing in Toronto, go see them. They write an INCREDIBLE songs and do three part harmonies like no one else.

"OLD SCHOOL!"

None the less, that is one fine looking B you got there..................

I like it. It's simple and to the point. Great pics and oh, I LOVE that you added your girlfriends pic to the list of things you like...pholks, chivilry still exists! HIRE THIS MAN!

Tell us, how are you going to market this site? Are you going to send it to people unsolicited (bands and venues) or just wait for people to stumble upon it?

Best of luck.

hey, thanks alot guys...

I really appreciate your feedback on the site. I worked hard on it and I am quite proud. My approach to design is as simple as possible. Too much technical blahblah and too many graphics take away from the true content.

Alot like music actually [smile]

Ms. Hux: I'm hoping to market my site locally in Toronto once I have arrived. I guess I will put up posters, make up business cards with the URL on them, and distribute the info to studios and producers as well, if I can muster up the guts and connections to do so.

Thanks alot for your feedback! If anyone else wants to look and give me their critiques, please do so. (especially you designers out there)

www.fatbass.ca

thanks

Kev

...no quantitative judgements from this guy, just a "two-thumbs" up kinda thing... I like the honesty, the simplicity (lack of incessant bells-and-whistles) and the crisp look...

your description of the filter song made me laugh and also made me think of this - its weird, but along the same lines...

StrongBad Jams

check it out, its good for a laugh

heyhey Bradm.

I haven't posted any music yet. The trouble is, you can NEVER hear the bass on live recordings from Chameleon last year! The curse of the bassist. We cart the heaviest amps in the universe, but you can't ever hear us in a live mix.

Well, at least we can be felt on the dancefloors of the nation.

I have an mpeg of us playing somewhere on my comp, maybe I'll post that. Or do you think I should record a couple short solo clips of my playing?

I'd put up a couple of pieces: a group Chameleon thing (maybe mixed with the EQ set to pump up the bass), a solo bass thing, a multi-tracked bass/drums thing (say one beat box track, with one or two bass tracks on top of it), and one everything thing, with you on bass and those drums you play.

Do you have recording capability? A mic and a 4-track (or the s/w to do it on computer) is all you need. I've done this kind of thing (head to http://ca.geocities.com/bradmcmail/bradmcmail.html and click on the "Muse-Ack!" MP3 link at the bottom of the page) before in my living room, so if you have any questions, let me know.

Aloha,

Brad