Jambands.ca

'Devils' won't oust me from power: Saddam Hus

MarcO

This is a BAD idea for the states.

Saddam doesn't have the balls to make the first move and the States does not need another war in the Middle East. The War on Terrorism is already cost more lives than they are releasing to the media and quite frankly, this is not a cakewalk.

The lessons of history have taught us that anytime an empire has spread itself too thin, the barbarians at the gate will not necessarily topple, but certainly assist in its collapse.

all i know is that saddam hussein is one crazy mofo...how many hundreds of thousands of his OWN people does he kill annually?

now i trust in the states and the coalition's intelligence enough that if they are making a move, then it's for a reason...these guys that are high up in the intel community know a hell of alot more than we will ever know about all this stuff. if they are going to make a move it probably is because those fuksuks do have mass-destruction capabilities and are making plans.

IMO the world would be a better place without saddam hussein running a country, or even living.

also scottie, i think that the US knows it's capabilities, and won't get too crazy going after everyone at once...all in good time. i doubt they'll spread themselves too thin...all the fuckers we want hit before they hit us are in the same basic vicinity anyhow.

why is it ok for the usa to "weapons of mass destruction", but not for anyone else? god only knows what they're brewing in there. that's the thing with georgie bush, a bunch of fucking double standards. how can he say that the point i to "rid the world of tyranny" and bring democracy? i don't really like saddam or yasser arafat very much, but no one but the people living there have the right to decide who's going to run their country. things going the way they are, we'll all be living in an american police state soon....

yeah you're right that was a bit brash...whoops. realistically it does seem like the gameplan these days right? a good offence is sometimes better than a good defence especially when you're talking weapons of mass destruction. i shudder to think of what would happen if saddam did get nukes and a delivery method. u think he'd think twice? he's getting pretty damn old, and probably wouldn't mind going out with a bang...although u never know...maybe he's just misunderstood, he's really just a nice guy inside. [Razz]

all i'm saying though really is that the states can and will do what they think is best for their people (including us)...if they are getting info. that says some crazy bastard on the other side of the world is planning to try to kill us off because of (who cares why?), then protect us please....and thank you.

quote:

BAGHDAD - Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein warned the United States and its allies Wednesday that any attempt to remove him from power would fail.

Saddam was speaking on the 34th anniversary of the Iraqi Revolution, the 1968 coup that brought his Baath Party to power.

Calling the U.S. and its allies "tyrants and oppressors of the world", he said any effort against him would be rebuffed.

"You will never defeat me this time. Never! Even if you come together from all over the world and invite all the devils as well, to stand by you," Saddam told his audience.

U.S. President George W. Bush confirmed this month that his administration would use all its tools to topple Saddam.

The U.S. alleges Iraq is developing weapons of mass destruction, a charge repeatedly denied by Iraqi officials.

Written by CBC News Online staff

Looks like I spoke too soon. Saddam is back. Guess the USA has either killed or given up on Bin Laden for now.