Jambands.ca

Nero at the Dekckuf - Tonight, or last night

Booche

.....depending upon when you read this.....

Nero At The Dekcuf

Oregano Mice>

Centrognome

Tricky (?)

Wata Bug>

Lemondust

Condor

401 Theme>

Do Ya Thank I'm Sexy>

401 Theme

Well, the mushroom madmen melted into the Dekculf and away we went. Some Chuck dude and his Cosmic Creeps opened up. So sorry, I have no idea what your name is. Fun fun fun til her daddy took her ZZ Top T-bird away. What an animated guitar player! They played loud and they played strong. So much fun. I enjoyed that Norwegian Wood, I tells ya what..............

From the Wata opener(Editor's note: WHOA! I was messed writing this last night, so bare with me. I was talking about Oregano Meechee), I knew something similar from last night was up. The only thing different was the vibe. There was serious blood floating in that room. Right from the get-go, we saw a night of the pimp daddy. Oregano proved me wrong. Well, I thought it was oregano, that's what the guy at the door told me it was. Tasted fine, funked my ass and I never looked back. What the hell would you do?

Somehow, I was still standing by the time Centrognome gnome'ld around. I had enough sense to take some pics and try and figure out how to save the world. Lets just say I got one of those subjects right, but I had to delete the rest of the pics. It was Tricky, Velvet messes with my head and those mushrooms on the pizza were more than what I asked for.

Was it really Tricky?

Wata Bug brought me back to where it all began, and most of the room felt somewhat the same way, maybe less paranoid. By the way, thanks alot Jaybone, I had a great Fuggin' night. Lemondust is my new favorite song, and somehow, you willed it out of them. The flow was as smooth as my synapses.................In the meantime, I am fighting a hard-on and Treyter's advances. Did'nt I already tell you it was a fun night?

Hood tried his damndest to get people 'representin' but somehow, I was the only fool to fall for his plan. You know what though?

The joke was on him! Condor soared, and you know why, because we didnt have to worry about any parachutes. Too bad you didnt bring yours bud. In then end, we won.

Well, what do you want me to say? It's the end of the evening and I cant remember what to write. This seems quite comparable to the past 2 nights. The only difference is that I aint good at it.

They are.

(Editor's note: Thanks Jaybone, you made my night surreal, and it is now daylight. God almighty, I hope this makes sense.)

Actually, I was pretty happy with that Paradise City, seemed to set a few people off on Thursday. As I said that night "I know how to get Nero to have a good set in Ottawa, have the sound guy play a little G'n'R before they hit the stage"............it was funny shit and Gentlemonkey was a fucking rockstar during it.

As for last night, Eminem?

Wait til you see the pics of our friends dancing and laughing to it, TOTALLY worth it.

They may not make the best choices in there for set break music, but as far as I could tell, we made the best of it.

Just ask Moe-Ron..................hahahahahahaha.

And Low Roller, and Jaybone, hehehehe.

But you sure are right, we didnt even get a bloody chance to reuest an encore. We started to yell and scream, and they CRANKED the music up to 11.

Yeah, its too bad it wasnt something a little more 'appropriate'........

None the less, I wish you saw our friends cutting a rug in there, Jaybone and Kyla KILLED me. I got a great picture of that, I will send you one of those as well.

I am sooooooooo glad JP was there. Thats all I gotta say about that!

messy messy messsy

Puddles of fun... hahahahahaha

First off the opener was called Chris Colepaug and the Cosmic Crew... sexy 6 foot tall, cowboy hat wearing bass player, with a completely insane guitar player filled out with animal from the Muppet show on drums..... IF ZZ Top was from Moncton... they would sound like this.... Loved their set and will try and get them back ASAP

Lots of smiles and giggling last night eh?...Jaybone gets the Man of the Match award for last night.... everyone knows why

I'm a little ummm.... fuzzy.....on some of the details of last nights madness but here is what has left an impression on me today.... Lemondust.... holly crap! I think that song found new territory and by the end of it, my ass was so thoroughly kicked, I had to ask Velvet what that song was called when I knew damm well what it was. Crazy Condor last night... what an anthem... peeked over and over and over... awesome! I remember as it peeked for the third time wheeling around to see Velvet with a huge head nodding smile on his face.... "yeah.... good condor"

I also love the setbreak music as supplied from the nero boys.... Freeway band from 96?? was it 96? Anyway... that was great, but all the rest of the music the Dekcuf played made me want to cry.... 2 nights in a row with the sound guy blasting Paradise City???? What the hell is that? Loser... And what is with the gangsta rap after the shows? I guess they just wanted us to leave... good way to accomplish that.... OH yeah... and what's with starting the music before the boys could play an encore? We hadn't heard a cover yet last night... I felt a first tube or peaches coming on.... dammit

2 night stands rule! I had a blast..TMNS anyone?

Hey everyone, J-P here, so I've finally joined this forum. Yeah, the show Friday night was pretty hot. Especially that first 35-minute segment! What a way to open a show.

The recording came out really really nice. I'll try to have copies available asap (if you're interested let me know).

I taped Mike Colepaugh also. Due to the setup of my mics, the vocals weren't picked up very well. It's interesting that on the recording, the drums are actually louder that the guitar and bass. He must've been pounding those skins hard to overpower those stacks of amps! Good news is that for nero's set, the balance of instruments is pretty much perfect.

J-P

Holy Jebas,

So, I noticed how JP posted and was reading all of that and getting excited and then I thought, "I cant remember what I wrote for a review", after reading his 'opening 35 minute' comment.............

WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT REVIEW?

Man, I was a Puddle it looks like.

If you understood it, please give me a call.

Thanks Jaybone [Wink]

POG, we were a complete MESS. That was about as ugly as it gets here in Capital City. Bring on the SolarGarlic, lets make him rot!

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

At least you look less psychotic than that furry guy...who knew Rasputin was in Burlington that night? And that he was a Neron?

Oh, I dunno ... from the look on Shane's face, I gotta wonder what I was doing back there.

Neron. I like that. It's like a "neuron," only "u" aren't there (this is a message to the folks that didn't make it to Burlington). Either that, or it's a "neuron," only closer.

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

Neron. I like that. It's like a "neuron," only "u" aren't there (this is a message to the folks that didn't make it to Burlington). Either that, or it's a "neuron," only closer.

I think of it more like particle physics...gravity/gravitons...electricity/electrons...Nero/Nerons. Nero is a force that permeates a space, and Nerons are the particles that carry the force; I get the feeling that if you looked at a Nero show from above, the Nerons who were present would seem to be in a sort of Brownian motion, with the interactions describable by some weird sort of Feynmann diagram.

Or maybe I'm just taking this 'way too far...

(And, for reference, the "Neron" term is a Lauzon original. At the end of the Burlington show, the subject of what to call Nero's fans came up. I went Roman, and suggested "Senators" or "Centurions". Dave was on stage unplugging stuff, and said, "Nerons".)

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

I think of it more like particle physics...gravity/gravitons...electricity/electrons...Nero/Nerons. Nero is a force that permeates a space, and Nerons are the particles that carry the force; I get the feeling that if you looked at a Nero show from above, the Nerons who were present would seem to be in a sort of Brownian motion, with the interactions describable by some weird sort of Feynmann diagram.

Or maybe I'm just taking this 'way too far...

The sad part is, I understood all of that. And 'Feynman' has only two 'n's. [Razz]