Jambands.ca

'Simpsons' plan cameo slew

badams

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- "The Simpsons" executive producer James L. Brooks is taking a trip to Springfield -- along with a slew of other celebrities scheduled to make cameos next season, Variety reports.

Brooks will appear as himself in an upcoming episode of the Fox cartoon dubbed "A Star Is Born Again." Oscar winner Marisa Tomei will also lend her voice to the episode.

"The Simpsons" will start its 14th season on Sunday, November 10, with an episode featuring Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, along with rockers Tom Petty, Brian Setzer, Lenny Kravitz and Elvis Costello. The episode is titled "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation."

The series will also mark its milestone 300th episode next year with a half-hour featuring skate god Tony Hawk and Blink 182. Its intriguing title: "Barting Over."

Other guest voices slated to pop up soon include the following: Adam West and Burt Ward reprising their roles as Batman and Robin, Jan Hooks of "Saturday Night Live" fame, rocker Little Richard, David Lander (Squiggy from "Laverne & Shirley,"), and actor Elliott Gould.

Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, along with rockers Tom Petty, Brian Setzer, Lenny Kravitz and Elvis Costello.

I can name you a different age year in my life when i loved each and every one of those guests. i think groening has very good musical taste in who they invite for cameos...