Jambands.ca

sweeeet, I got a place in T.O.

PhishyK

And substantially less, by all reports, if Treyter's driving (from a Scherzo show review):

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Treyter made the trek to Kingston in Treyter time. A conservative drive would have put us here at 8:25. A fast drive would have put us here at 8. We got here at 7:35. No joke. All the while, he is saying things like, "Yeah, I have paid more fines than the mafia" when discussing his speeding tickets, and "Oh man, I feel a MAJOR coffee buzz coming on, you know when your cheeks go numb?".

Aloha,

Brad

Noooo don't say that.

I live in Victoria. It's like 3000x better than Vancouver here. Tons of weed, great cold local beer, hundreds of incredible forests, lakes, beaches and mountain parks to visit. BUT NO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!

What kills you about TO anyways dude?

There's no weed, no great cold local beer, not a speckle of incredible forests, hardly any lakes, 2 beaches and 1 mountain park to visit. BUT LOTS OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!

Wait a second, I dont live in TO...........

Oh well, thats my best guess.

(Dont let me dissuade you from coming, I am trying to make a funny)

Booche has got it...

Add to that, the people of Toronto tend to be very cold, rushed, and self centered. The city is filthy (even before the garbage strike) and unfriendly!

However the Comfort Zone/Silver Dollar room is a great place to spend a wednesday night. The music is great, the people are friendly and the nug flows freely... (It is filthy though)

Hey Phishy. I'm originally from Kingston and I've had no problem adjusting to Toronto. There's always something to do and there is more cultural diversity here than anywhere else in the world. I can't see me living in any other city, including Kingston; and I love my hometown. Most people who don't like Toronto on the Sanctuary only visit here for a few days for concerts - and most of them are from small towns. Chill out and enjoy your neighbourhood. Some people are rude, but I've found rude people in every city I've visited. Generally, people in Toronto are friendly, but can be a little snooty depending on the area you are in. Cabbagetown is great.

Thank you soooo much to everyone for being so kind and sharing all your opinions about the big city.

Big thanx especially to Sarah and Jaimoe. You guys are cool. I think you're right Jaimoe - most of the people who slag TO and call it cold either just moved there from a small town, or just passed through. I know you can find warmth in any place. I've already met an amazing woman who rented me a place over the Internet and is now offering me computer work. I can already tell it's a good place.

Thank you all! As soon as I am in town, I'll make a post here on the Sanc and we'll hang out. I'll try to bring along some BC export. [big Grin]

rock & roll

Kevin

Sounds like it's working out great, man; I'm glad to hear it.

It varies from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, but Toronto (like most any other big city) could sure use some more green space; if you bring any exports from BC, make sure to bring some seeds and plant something [Roll Eyes] .

Aloha,

Brad