Jambands.ca

Question of the night/morning..

SolarGarlic

While listening to some Nero and reading about camel toe (pudds, you little freak:) I started to think about some of my favorite sayings/catch phrases/prefixes/etc....

I am quite partial things that allow for the descriptor "unsavoury" to be used. Don't know why, just love it. Also, anything that i can drop a "pseudo" in front of is usually funny to me as well. And last, but probably least (depending on what is considered tasteful), I recently heard the phrase "growing a tail"......very unsavoury, yet cause for laughter.

What is everyone else's favourite catch phrases, sayings, etc....

I'd like to personally thank Jim Rome for my newest gem for describing a shit:

"growler"

yep. i know it doesn't sound funny now, but use it, and be blessed.

i also love "what a crime" ala ghostbusters

oh and of course the Stapes Staple: "incredible. -insert fist grasping/enthused stare here-"

"LUNCH WITH THE MONKEY,LUNCH WITh THE MONKEY"...Havent heard from Silk-BRRRAAHHHHHHHH in a while now. Rome and his wife were in Montreal last summer,man were those takes on "SCWARTZ" mystery meat episodes made me pee my trousers!! Glad to see a few jungle dwellers at the Sanc.!!!

...watch that juice - an ancient inside thing that i no longer remember the actual context of, therefore I now use it for almost anything (in the right company)

nifty - a fine word that has, unfortunately, slipped into obscurity

f#@k - this word will always be a staple of my vocabulary...its uses are as diverse as the cultures of our planet and it just rolls of off the tongue

and last, but certainly not least:

..a more wretched hive of scum & villiany

I wanna live in a place like that, Ben

(get them little wooden boy!)

ok i heard one recently that i have yet found use for but looking forward to the opportunity...

"Well, the troll manages to score a point....

now get back under your bridge, goatfucker."

"Jets Are On!" - left over from high school acid daze, i vaguely remember a house party or something...i dunno. I still use it though.

"Smokes Let's Go" Since i don't smoke it's more of an informal greeting....

...and for northernwish-when all is definitely above and beyond plain old good, "Can I get a Hell Yeah!" (use accompanying fist pump for extra emphasis)

Mr. Wish is also responsible for my use of the word 'crunch' for a crapola-much to the disgust of my girlfriend of course. I also put into rotation such affectionate terms as "Laying Cable" and "Pinching a Loaf", much to the disgust of my girlfriend...

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

Mr. Wish is also responsible for my use of the word 'crunch' for a crapola-much to the disgust of my girlfriend of course.

A term better applied to the actions of small children and cats (as in "Mo-om! Junior's making his crunch face" or "Hold your nose, Fluffy's headed for the crunch box").