Jambands.ca

Stupid White Men!

Northern Wish

Hey all, I am reading (and loving) Michael Moores new book: Stupid White Men.

Some of you may remember Michael from such humorous films as The Awful Truth. This was the film that featured Michael on his book tour, going to corporate headquarters and handing millionaire CEO's (Phil Knight of Nike was one victim) huge novelty checks for 18 cents, as reward for 'downsizer of the year', to pay for one hour of sweatshop labour.

His new book deals with the post apocolyptic Dubya era, and the decline of everything our society has worked so long to build up.....

"Freedom of choice is a thing of the past. We're down to 6 media companies, 6 airlines, two and a half car makers, and one radio conglomerate. Everything you will ever need is at Wal- Mart. You can choose between two political parties that sound alike, vote alike, and are funded alike by the same exact wealthy donors. You can choose to wear non- descript pastels and keep your mouth shut, or you can choose to wear a Marilyn Manson shirt and get kicked out of school. Britney or Christina, WB or UPN, Florida or Texas- there ain't no friggin difference folks. Its all the same, its all the same, its all the same."

I am not usually an anit corporation monger just for the hell of it, but these words ring true. This sure isn't the same world our parents grew up in, and it seems to be hurtling downhill and out of control. If you are looking for a good summer time read in the face of the "Jeep Outdoor Music Festival", Bud Light sponsoring the musical performer on SNLive, or Santana touring for Acura- it might just feed your head.

Peace, I'm going back to the book

Sean

Micheal Moore is so cool.

I need to read that.. Roger and Me..got to watch that in grade 12 business.. great film. Poor Flint, MI.

the short film Pets or Meat is also great.. a follow up with the frightening bunny-lady.. and a huge snake. the scene in Roger and Me is one of the most hardcore things I've ever seen in a movie. Bllaaaaahh!

Hey Northern Wish. I'm glad to hear that you're a Michael Moore fan. Enjoy that book. Just a quick correction. Moore's documentary with Nike's Phil Knight in it was called " The Big One " ( about his book tour ). His Bravo! TV series was " The Awful Truth ". Anyway, Moore should leave the great establishment that is Wal-Mart alone. Wal-Mart has done wonders to the development and " beautifying " of highways such as the 401 & 400, outside of the increasingly derelict downtown cores of towns known as: Belleville; Trenton; Port Hope; Coburg; Cambridge; and Hwy 400 towns like Barrie etc...; and soon to be Midland and Penetanguishene.