Jump to content

Ferris and Funk Nugget!!


Recommended Posts

Nugget Productions Presents

Threat From Outer Space

with special guests Ferriswheeler

Saturday July 27

The Bayou

1071 Bank St. Ottawa, ON

TFOS.... A Hipstar band

Funk and Dub elements, carried by a Hip-Hop flare, the combination of drums, electric and upright basses, electric guitar, synthesizers, trumpet, saxophone, and vocals creates a live show that is mesmerizing and entertaining

Come early.... don't miss the ever evolving sounds of Ferriswheeler


Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick update on the status of Ferriswheeler...

In case you haven't heard, we have replaced the female vocals with the stylings of Ottawa's saxophone jedi Al Jee. We've ditched 90% of our old material (with the remaining 10% becoming instrumental jams) and are concentrating on new originals.

It's a full-on funk/jazz/jam/groove thing!

And we've even started to add some vocals...

Come check us out, should be a fun night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to remember, dave-O, does Al Jee play just alto, does he play others (i.e., is he heterosaxual, so to speak...)?

I ask because, well, I find a whole night of just (one) alto sax to be a bit too much (a little on the tinny side); mixing it up with, say, a tenor and and maybe a soprano would, I think, add a bit of variety and make it more enjoyable.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...