Jambands.ca

Help! Is there a CTMF in Aug?

CautionClown

Just trying to figure out what's happening.

It seems like rumors at this point...though I talked to Freeflow and they were booked for Sunday.

What the scoop? Is there an active link?

Is there a line-up?

Seems like it should be announced soon since it's NEXT WEEKEND.

Or have I just missed the boat again?

If there is, they haven't updated the web page, 'cause it still says:

quote:

From Frontier Town web page:

There will be no festival during the August long weekend, but plans are well under way for one last summer blast at Frontier Town during the Labour Day weekend.

Aloha,

Brad

If ya check sanctuary>>festivals>>cometogetherfestival, you'll find this snippet of info, but this is a official as this gets:

quote:

Originally posted by mark tonin:

I just spoke with Mark Wilson this evening and there will be a Come Together Music Festival at Frontier Town for the August long weekend after all! It will follow the same format as the other festivals, with bands on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (August 2, 3, & 4). Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

And yes, the Labour Day festival is also a go for sure.

Peace, Mark

quote:

Sorry everyone ... I wish I had more info about what is going on during the August long weekend at Frontier Town, but I have not been able to get in touch with Mark Wilson to get an update from him. I've tried a bunch of times, but haven't connected with him. Hopefully he'll contact me soon, and if he does, I will update everyone asap.

Peace, Mark

I talked with a buddy this week who said he talked with Mark Wilson on this past weekend. Asked him about Civic G Town and Mark had really nothing to say about it.

What I gather is, especially with only one week to go, it is going to be a flop. No one can wait until three days before to make a decision of what to do on the 2nd last weekend of the summer.

Perhaps Mark W. just wants about 50 - 100 people there. Freeflow, Mark Wilson & the Way It Is, Friends of Hefner? Party?!

All right everyone, I just talked with Mark Wilson about the August long weekend at Frontier Town and here are the bands that have been booked so far:

Threat From Outer Space

Freeflow

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Diesel Dog

Caveman

Downtime

Outside the Wall

plus some acoustics acts and more t.b.a.

Please ignore the rumours ... the weekend will be a typical weekend at Frontier Ghost Town ... probably smaller in scale but still the same cool vibe.

Peace, Mark