Jambands.ca

Trey smoked pot in Grade 4!!

gentlemonkey

Trey dont know Dick!

(Latvala that is)

Dick was one weird dude. Next to Jerry Garcia he was probably the most heavily self-medicated being on the planet. And I have no doubt he would've left Jerry in the dust had he the resources with which to do so. The first time I stayed at his house I marvelled at the way he constantly altered his consciousness. After staying up with me till 4AM, playing me jewels from the band's vault till my eyes could no longer stay open, he arose at 7AM - just like any other day that had ever been. He'd shuffle passed the guest room straight for the living room table. There he would start his day by working the bong for three or four phat loads (and the nugs he smoked were no ordinary ganja - they were the strongest indoor buds I've ever tasted). Then, he'd go to the coffee machine, load a big mug with joe and three heaping tablespoons of sugar, before heading outside to smoke a cigarette. On his way back to the coffee machine for a refill (with three more heaping spoonfuls of sugar), he'd stop at the living room table again, smoke a few more bong hits, and shove three sticks of juicy fruit gum in his mouth. This alone would've put me under the table. Six bong hits, two cups of coffee, six tablespoons of sugar, three sticks of gum later and it was only 7:15AM! But Dick's day was only starting. Before running out at 10AM for some sort of Arby's Big Boy meat sandwhich for breakfast I witnessed him repeat this ritual until 10 cups of coffee had gone down his gullet. And all the while the bong saw action, tapes rolled, labels were filled out, phone calls were made, the cats were talked to as though they were humans, and a dozen or so outlandishly exagerated points of contention were thrown my way about this or that version of Dark Star. This is how it went all day long (until the Heinekins starting flowing in the afternoon, at which point the pace picked up a bit). Unrelenting, awe-inspiring, even shocking consumption - and all the while not a glimmer of remorse. Damn! That Dickie sure was a superphreak! Neal Cassady would've loved Dick.

(Excerpt from Johnny Dwork's - He Was A Friend Of Mine)

-

bouche...Im just a big 'ol Jerry bear livin' day by day! My shockras seem to be aligned and in great shape. Hopefully I will reach Karmik Re-enlightonment? This there here forum sure is pretty cool to share shit with cause we are all ,basically,into the same scene and music....."AND THAT ROUNDS UP SERMON TIME FO THE REVERAND PUDDLES" -