Jambands.ca

promoting your scene!

this is sort of a take off from the-state-of-the-scene thread. I read in one of those posts that there is a community of 400+ people here! WOW! 400 dedicated live music fans - that kind of army could do some SERIOUS promoting. Take the upcoming CTMF this weekend, if everybody told 3 people to go go go maybe we could get 1200+ folks out to the party (and partys like that HELP the scene because they are Fun!) also, surely there must people who have connections - connections to magazine editors/local newspapers, to people who work at record companies, to people who intern at radio stations, to people who run other big websites that maybe arn't connected to this one yet. If you know somebody like that , use them for a plug! ask them to promote your favorite band or event! spread the word! personally I know somebody who works for a pretty succsesful Independant record company and i'm gonna do what I can to get him to come out and spend the weekend in Durham -maybe he'll hear something he likes!