Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Nero in Hamilton on Friday

MarcO

I'm torn ... I've had the nero show on my calendar for a month, but now that the Golden Caramels are playing in Kitchener at Hoolio Studios (154 Victoria St. South unit 7 ... call MK at 519-569-7132 for more info) I may stay in town. I can walk home from the studio ... the walk home from the Casbah in Hamilton is a bit much for me, especially after a night of dancing to nero [smile]

Peace, Mark

Couldn't tell ya Steve, sorry. Our plans fell through at the last minute as I had to stay home to prop up the spirits of someone who was rather upset on Friday night. [Frown][Frown][Frown]

My back-up plan became to pop down there for about 12 or 12.30. Didn't happen though, which was ultimately good, because I heard the next day Nero opened the show, and at that point I would have missed them.

I heard it wasn't all that busy. Sorry Nero, catch ya next time (I hope!).

Got there around 11pm, probably a bit later, and Nero was playin. The Casbah had people in it but was definitely NOT packed at all. Probably about 40 people (?) and no dancin'. The show, however, was damn good!! I was lovin' it. Set One ended and I was pumped for Set Two, 'til I found out there wasn't gonna be one! [Frown] Chatted it up with the Nero boys for a while. Threat From Outer Space played next and I only stayed for the first few songs. They weren't that bad, but didn't do too much for me.

Hopefully Nero will be able to book a headlining gig at the Casbah next time eh! As I was telling Jay, a friend of mine would maybe work the lights for you next time too.