Jambands.ca

Nero and AGP Roll call!

bouche

If anybody's still on the fence on this one, head to http://www.addisongroove.com/music/downloads.html and get some/all of the MP3s that are there. These guys come at jazz/funk from the jazz end; the closest comparison I can make is to viperHouse*. Great horn arrangements, tasty guitar, funky beats, and danceable as anything out there.

See y'all tonight.

Aloha,

Brad

* If anybody's looking for bands to bring to Ottawa, see if you can get viperHouse, please!

Well, I was there... kinda difficult not to notice me... I really tried hard this time to keep to one place (by the pillar) and do my own little thing and stay put.

Yeah, suuuure. 401 Theme's midsection blast reeled me in. It got kind of hazy after that, and without any smoking. [smile]

AGP started in a different direction, had a sweet sound of horns and keyboard well meshed with the guitars and drums (almost pared down drums most of the time, using fewer beats but making them count), and I kinda ended up in the same place. (all over the freaking dance floor, in the Zone, in my own little cosmos, take your pick, I've heard most of them...)

A shame I had to leave at 1am, but I still needed to sleep - I have more dancing ahead tonight...

I'm definitely interested in getting a copy of last night's taping...

last night was fun as hell...man am i paying for it now.

too bad there wasn't more people, but those who were there did get down pretty good IMO.

andre boochard is the biggest putz for missing all that--hey bro--highlights: keyboard player with NERO, then 2 sax's and the chairman with NERO, then AGP, then AGP with the rookie (aka: mr. tone) busting out with a phat-ass guest appearance...and when i say phat-ass we're talking -

PHAT [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!][Razz]

Here is a partial email I got from Treyter today (as the picture tells us, looks like he shouldnt get so wasted):

"favorite

line form last night was from me to "buddy": "dude---you in for a fat chick?""

Next time, you might as well go for soda.......

So, regarding your signature, I guess this is what you are doing if you aint having fun?

Or is this what you are doing when you have fun?

hahaha booche---it's a bit early---i'm starting to regret givin' ya shit for being a putz [Razz]

let's just put it this way: i didn't like the one "buddy" was getting. [Wink]

alas, nobody got squished. [smile]

they were funny girls--we were all having a good time [big Grin][Cool] and that's what the fuck it's all about.