Jambands.ca

Who has heard of and likes LAKE TROUT?

shainhouse

Well,not be to be very sinical but just honest...Lake Trout,Particle,The Buiscuits and this "sort" of bands are all creating these fusion,elctro super-nova trips that I can't seem to hang on with. I nees a lot of lead guitar!! Just IMO:) ALTHOUGH!!! Buisco would be the ones I endure the most dur their cool covers such as Zappa,Beefheart,Zeppelin,War etc...

Completely disagree. In defense I know that if you talk to bands we generally regard well such as the New Deal or Drums and Tuba they think highly of Lake Trout. You could put it in the same category as Bisco or Particle but not quite. They're a little more defying of definition akin to D&T. The name is a bit odd because it reminds me of some pokey band like Leftover Salmon.

i really enjoyed Lake Trout the first time I saw them.....However at Endless, they closed the main stage on Saturday night...and they're set was really epic trance/hardcorey - to dark for the scene, so i was really dissapointed, especially after the friday night closer...toronto's own The New Deal....what a great show - I was espcially stoked cause they were the onlyh other canadians there - They cruized in in style in the biggest tour bus, made me proud!!!!

Guest Low Roller

Although I find it challenging to retort to secondtube's vividly eloquent feelings on Lake Trout ( [smile] ), I'll give it the 'ol college try.

They have a very distinct experimental sound, that perhaps requires a slight taste for lounge music to enjoy. That being said, it's definietely not for everyone. For instance if you like your lead guitar shreddin' through the vestiges of your mind, then you won't enjoy them. But if you happen to like the experimental saxomophone sound, then Lake Trout might be your ticket.

I do enjoy their music, and I think they have the distinct advantage of being able to play to a jamband crowd, and a martini lounge crowd.