Jambands.ca

West coast jams

bMRIVER

This is for all you west coast jam heads.... Slammin' Jack will be playing at the Silvertone Tavern (Commercial & 12th) in Vancouver BC, Wed. Aug. 14, 21, 28th. We have Jeff Kornblum on percussion (formerly of Burt Neilson Band) addin' his own layer to our madness.

Rich

jackslammin@yahoo.ca

Good to hear!! I am very new to the West Coast but from my initial observations it seems that we are indeed in need of some serious jams. I am starting to get worried.... Did anyone attend the "Under the Volcanoe" festival in North Van on Sunday? I was their all day and heard maybee 2 guitars. Their was an incredible Brazillian group complete with Capawera dancers on the main stage, seriously throwin it down. I went to find some friends to get them in to hear the goods and was shocked to see a couple of hundred folks dancin to a guy spinnin records. Suppose I shouldn't be to surprised, people hear dig electronica big time. This is gonna be tough for a fella whose been on the East Coast for years!

hey Akron,

I was there too! Did you see the Lost Tribes Of The Sun? - I missed it due to work (they were on at 1:15) they're some kind of organic hip-hop. The drummer is also in themasses (my band) - I thought Warsawpack was awesome - did you see them.?

Yeah, that festival is all about anarchy and lesbians - Commercial Drive folks... So there aint' much of a jamband contingent. You'll find the hippies out here are full-on HIPPIES - not Deadheads like out east.

Come on out to see Slammin' on Wednesday - they're always a good time.

Cheers

Weezy,

yup I saw the Lost Tribes, they were kickin'!! Small world bro, the drummer for the band is going out with Karin, my buddy's old roommate (Jason). I'm stayin with him here in the city, just off the Drive.

My folks roll into town tonight...yikes! I'll definetly be ready for a little escape come Wednesday night...see ya there. [big Grin]