Jambands.ca

A week off?

I just did an event search, and nothing turned up until Aug. 27 (a mid-day Nero gig at Algonquin, which I can't make). Is it possible there's nothing happening at all through the weekend and next week? I don't think I've gone a week without a show for...well, weeks and weeks at least.

I assume Raggamuffin is happening this week and next, and maybe we could muster a rag-tag complement of jammers for (say) the Dekcuf open stage on Wednesday, but does anybody know of anything else?

Not that I'm jonesin' or anything...

Aloha,

Brad

Oh, yeah, I remember when I saw doubleB's daybook for September. My first thought was, "We're gonna need more toasters..."

I seriously want to hit the TMNS Dekcuf gig, but I'll probably be getting together with my jambuddies this weekend, which I haven't done for about a month and half, due to the storm before the calm.

I'm especially interested in how "The Nixon Tapes" (love that name) are.

Aloha,

Brad

``````````\|||/

``````````(0 o)

```,----ooO--(_)----------.--------- ,

```|````````````````````` |

```|`````````Your````````` |

```|` Favorite Band``````|

```| `````````Sucks````````|

```'--------------Ooo-----' ----------'

``````````|__|__|

```````````|| ||

``````````ooOOoo

doubleB sent me this:

quote:

Originally sent by doubleB:

I have it on good advice that this show is worth checking out

Monday August 19

Zaphods

Free show!

STABILO BOSS + FAN BELT SEVEN

STABILO BOSS is a talented Vancouver band with a quickly expanding fan base. They have created a sound unique to themselves, featuring the strong, catchy melodies of Chris Moerman and Jesse Dryfhout, sung over a foundation of intense, intricately played instruments. The role of singer/songwriter is shared equally between Moerman and Dryfhout. The rhythm section is made up of two solid, accomplished musicians. Drummer Nathan Wylie is an award winning Jazz drummer, bassist Karl Williaume has been described as being "smooth and funky".

STABILO BOSS have gained an almost cult-like following in Greater Vancouver. The Georgia Strait recently commented: "Stabilo Boss is one accomplished unit. From the stellar acoustic guitar interplay to Wylie's solid drumming, the playing here is flawless and professional but never over-polished, and the songs certainly don't lack for hooks". [The Georgia Straight, Mike Usinger]

STABILO BOSS' self-titled CD was recorded by Matt Doughty at Praiz Sound in California. The single, "EVERYBODY", is charting at modern rock radio across Canada and Ottawa's XFM has been getting unprecedented requests from listeners.

Presented By:

STABILO BOSS' Web Site:

FAN BELT SEVEN Web Site:

I'm thinking, for free, try. Anybody else?

Aloha,

Brad

The Young sisters, hood, steve and I went to the show....it was really good. But I wil say that they quit a little early on us. We were just really getting into the dancing groove when they said...."that's it, good night".

But it was really fun. That was my first time in Ottawa and at the Dekuf...i enjoyed myself lots! Got to meet Dr. Hux (hey Jeff).