Jambands.ca

The Phate of Phil and Friends

NewRider

There's been all sorts of rumors circulating about the future or Phil & Friends. Many are saying Warren's last show will be at Red Rocks on 9.1. He supposedly wants to deadicate all his time to Gov't Mule. While we assume that with Other Ones dates this Fall, Phil & Friends will be off for a while & a big Gov't Mule tour should be announced soon. There's nothing solid to say we won't see Warren back with Phil & Friends at some point next year, but we should always be prepared for the worst. Also, rumors are circulating widely that Jimmy will possibly be joining Widespread Panic to replace their fallen brother Michael Houser (we miss you!). Maybe P&F will go back to a rotating lineup? Hopefully we'll have more info pretty soon.

Bring on the Mule. Warren's a trooper. Surprisingly, he and The Mule didn't launch a full tour in support of their last release, " Deep End Vol. 1 " - due to Phil & The Allmans. It's a pretty unselfish move. It'll be great to see the Mule supporting the new Deep End Vol. 2 cd with a stop hopefully in Toronto. You gotta catch these guys if you can. Warren plays soooo different when he's with his band. Aggressive to say the least.

I have been following this with 'Grate' interest. All I can say, is that Widespread contacted Jimmy Herring to warn him about the rumours. Outside of that, who knows what is going on.

Dont lose Jimmy, or I may be quick to follow suit. I cant imagine any other guitar player on the stage. Well, I shouldnt be so quick, I would have to literally see who it was.

I find it hard to believe that Warren can keep up this pace. I dont even know if Garcia gave'er this much in his 'busy' days. The past 2 years for Warren has been nuts to say the least.

-

Interesting shit indeed.

I really got off on TOO at Alpine but id still like the current P&F lineup to stay intact. They really seemed to have their own persona and seeing P&F at at place like the Orpheum or the Beacon is a treat. You're probably not gonna see the current arrangement of TOO playing any small venues.

I know somethings gotta give in Warrens schedule and if hes gotta go, hes gotta go but I'll feel a bit sad for the last phil/jimmy/warren show if its true.

As far as Jimmy playing w/ WSP goes, sounds like a fat paycheck.

Hey all, first post! (just found this site)

Warren is the total package...one of the best voices in the scene - hands down - and a shredder to boot! This would truly be a sad day, but I remember feeling the same way when Kimock parted ways, woe is P&F!

I have seen quite a few P&F's with different line-ups, and it is always good, with Phil laying down the back-bone, he really does bring out the best of his band mates.

Who knows, maybe he'll pilfer from the Tricksters again - Jeff Matson can sure hold his own, but is a little TOO Jerry for my likes....