Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

Ms.Huxtable

I was introduced the site when I still lived in Halifax. My lil friend Mikey told me about this fun lil website he was working on and told me to check it out....since then it has gone from an unfinished concept to this terrific site.

I have met and made friends with some terrific people and really enjoy the topics and conversations that evolve here.

Best Part.......the music. Being able to share my love of music and life (which I believe one cannot be without the other) with other people who love life/music as much as me makes me really happy.

I have a hard time finding any joy in the commercial garbage "music" that is produced today and the "lifestyle" that goes with it, so I was never happier to find a group of people who shared the same values, lifestyle choices, and joy for life that I have.

Gives me hope that the world is not as messed up as it seems.

[big Grin]

I like the fact that this is probably the only place I'd be able to find the type of people I could jump into a car with (last minute plans of course), having never met the person before and have no worries about lasting a 7 hour car ride with them, two ways. Justin, you're a total riot. Thanks again.

I like the Sanctuary because it gives me a reason to be pissed off when my computer doesn't work. I mean, seriously, other than email, this is the only thing I use the internet for. To be honest, I only recently found out there was more than just the Cavern.

I found out about the Sanctuary through nero, who for months enouraged me, "c'mon velvet, you can use the internet. It's easy, and you have high speed dsl."

So I hit the site, oh, 'bout four hundred times a day now.

Another great thing about the Sanctuary is that I have two names to forget when I meet posters all over this country. I'm way better at remembering the Sanctuary name, I just wish more people actually looked like their avatars.

I like that I finally know what an avatar is.

I like that just when I've been out of university long enough to have most of my friends move away, through a glass and plastic box I've found a whole network of new friendships, most of which I'm sure will grow and some I'm sure will last a lifetime. Not to wax cheesy, but there are few greater feelings than to walk into the Cafe Dekcuf and literally know fifty people in the room, all sprouting from my two fingers pounding away on these silly buttons. Weird, warm, and time well tossed.

Oh, and I stay for the hot live p2p cybersex.

it's all about the music--RIIIIIGHT [Roll Eyes][Wink]

the only reason i'm into this scene is because of the over-abundance of super-smokin' hot lil chickies that flood the bars nightly, wearing tight & sexy little outfits, shakin' their thang, cruising for cute hippy boyz like all of us to treat them right. [Roll Eyes]

Came upon this site when the Bouchard family gang came upon nero playing to an empty room at the old whipping post. "i heard they do a phish tune" hahahha. Booche wrote a review, and told us about the site.. we checked it out, lurked for a while, then got into posting way too much.. (at work mostly). Got to know Graham, Brad, Daveyboy, Crystal Andy, Erin and Kelly through the whippings.. then got to know everyone else though the board and weekend shows.

It's been a great way to stay entertained at work, feel connected to home when away, hear from people who are away- wachamole!, continually meet great people (just met maddak, phunky cauldron this past weekend), and generally feel a little more like I'm hanging with friends, while trying to wear out the day in an office. Not to mention how great this site has been to nero, spreading the word.. When my day job days are gone for good, I'll miss being a regular part of this forum. but i;m sure ill always check in. much love. [smile]

A great community of people who like similar music, have like views and values and generally know how to party! Believe me, this is really something to behold... last night I bartended at the school pub... a lot of meat heads out there. - this one guy kept coming up to get his $1 draught, gave me $1. Everytime I'd just thank him and he'd be on his merry way...6 hours later, nearing the end of the night he was just holding up his finger instead of saying "ugh, one draught" Looked like he got beat up by his girlfriend.. he, instead of giving me a loonie gave me a $20 bill!. That fucker got a 5, 2 toonies, and 12 loonies. Just looked at me with hate. hee hee. [Cool] I know all of you would tip me now and then [smile]

It's Canadian. That's great. (Don't have all that American elitism - j/k any US friends reading this..)

GentleMonkey: I doubt hemp van yo posts on the internet. It would just be one loooong post that continues forever! Preach on Yo!!

Meeting up with people form the board who i've not before. Oh the excitement! Every single person I've met from here has been a bunch of fun! So fun to be talking with someone at a show, to find that they are a skank... yeah scottieking you're a good example - that was fun at the Trash in Guelph (Mud is RAD)... instantly the mood of the conversation changes. Months of past issues to talk about. Big smiles.

Gives me somewhere to post my snuffy pics [Wink] :

-

Taking in so much great writings... Bradm's posts, nerologs, QotD threads, sweet reviews.

It's a superb place to get a bunch of hoopla generated for shows (nero fiscal new year - even though I wasn't gonna be there I had to do my part), concerts (phil 7/9), festivals (ctmf may 2-4). fuckin A.

What else...

Oh, how did I get turned on to the PhishSanctuary... well, I thought it was when I made that mid-week trip to Kingston for bnb on haloween...but I realize I was signed up a month before that.. think I just happened upon it during my daily internet travels... back in my 'Kung' days [Wink] It was the Kingston trip that this guy named bouche informed that there was an evil kung out there and i needed to think up a new handle. [Roll Eyes]

well, see you at the shows!

I feel that I get alot from this scene, board, bands and fans.

I am somewhat of an old schooler from the days of the Can Phish Board. I have met so many cool people who seem to be on board with good tunes, good time and good friends. Having been around the net and this scene for a while I feel I can give an opinion that some may not have perspective on.

From the first days of the Can Phish board, trading, meeting at shows and being kind to one another has always been the order of business. But to see the growth in numbers of bands and fans, is something I hold near to my heart. I can remember when the only kids I knew from the net were Scottie King and Alan Dodson (both amazing souls who I have kept up friendships with and seen some amazing shows with including several Rheos, New Deal, and of course the mother of em all Big Cypress). Come to think of it, without my connections online I may have missed out on some great events. 70% of the crew from our RV to Florida were new to each other solely from trading with each other. I actually even moved to New Brunswick with the help of other board members Nick Kelly and Jeremy Brennan.

To feel a part of something that still feels like "a dirty little secret" is incredibly reassuring to me. That although I may have friends who are hard headed about music, there are hundreds of you out there, that I know I can rely on for opinions, updates and trades- is a huge thing. I respect the opinions of the members here (though I don't always agree) and relish the opportunity to lash my "acid tongue" (thanks tungsten and scottie!) in a forum where I feel I can be understood.

To add to my experiences, my girlfriend and I are taking an active role and taking over the editorial side of Scene and Heard. I hope that S+H can continue on with its mission statement, and expand this scene to include members of our community who aren't able to participate here.

I thank the Skanks for their smiles, opinions, cds, and good vibes a hundred times over.

Who knows maybe without the board I wouldn't be experiencing nero withdrawal every few weeks.

Thanks guys, keep it up!

Peace

Sean