Jambands.ca

the state of Scene & Heard magazine ...

mark tonin

About 8 months ago, Mike Knoll (MK) and I got together over a beer and decided to pursue a print publication which focused on the Canadian jam/groove music scene. As a result, Scene & Heard was born. Three issues later, we decided to put the venture on hold ... a hiatus, if you will. We both have our reasons ... personally, there are only so many hours in the day, and I feel myself getting spread too thin, so I've decided to refocus my energy, which means giving up a few things.

A number of people have approached me about Scene & Heard, and most have had positive things to say about it. A few people, including Northern Wish (Sean) and piranha132 (Nina) expressed a serious and sincere interest in helping with the magazine. My "problem" is that at this time I can't commit to working on the magazine, other than providing some contact info and forwarding any emails or inquiries that I get. My understanding is that MK feels the same. I am all in favour of passing on S&H to anyone who wants to run with it, but I can't really offer much help at this time. I'm not sure when my situation will change, which is why I am supportive of anyone who wants to take on S&H at this time.

If someone wants to step forward and run with Scene & Heard, I say "go for it" and I look forward to reading issue 4 of the magazine. If nobody currently has the time and energy to run with it, then it can sit and simmer on the backburner for now ...

After communicating with MK, I am confident that he is also supportive of anyone who wants to take over the whole S&H project.

I hope that this post helps to clarify the current state of Scene & Heard magazine.

Peace, Mark

Really sorry to hear this news. I will miss Scene & Heard. Hopefully someone will be able to pick it up and continue, however I do understand how much time and effort would be invovled and cant blame anyone for not wanting to. Let me just say thanks to everyone who helped with the first three issues. Your efforts were well appreciated.