this is getting outta hand...

weezy

Weezy, check these guys out. Report back:

(From Jambase.com)

Gorilla Rock - 9/13/2002 - Fri

The Green Room (Media Club)

Vancouver, BC

9PM Sharp $6 at the door

Gorilla rock is a new improv act in town, combining elements of free-jazz, funk, reggae, heavy-groove, percussive jamming and anything else that comes out!! This is their first show! Featuring Steve Reich from SEARCH (listed on this site) on Guitar, percussion, and Computer Synth, Briton Liakakos on Bass and percussion, and Greggor Phillips (from Kynkayd) on Drums and percussion.

Some other notable shows:

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe 9/14/2002 - Sat Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC

John Prine 11/21/2002 - Thu

Orpheum Theatre Vancouver, BC

pee pee! how's it going, dude?

no, it's not an Upstream thing, they're too busy w/ SCI and the Slip around that time - tND is $15 in advance - gime a call next time you're in town 604-253-4345

BTW - I am going to Gorilla Rock tonight, I've seen all these musicians before in different bands, but I have no idea what to expect tonight - I will let you know fer sure senor bacon.

cheers

no, no web page yet. We're still on hiatus - Ben (keyboards) is on his honeymoon for another week and Eric (bass) is still in Oregon working for the MAN (FUCK the man) til' sometime in October... then we're gonna be playing lots. (beginning with Nov. 8th @ the Backstage Lounge w/ TALA)

-

I really like the Slammin' Jack site! When are some tunes gonna be up?

CLICK HERE FOR THE SLAMMIN JACK WEBSITE

By the sounds of it they'll get some tunes up there soon enough, but you know how some musicians are.... never happy enough with anything to give it out. You should bring out a recorder to the next show you see. Then they'll have no choice, but to share. Maybe next time I see you, I'll sneak you a copy of some reacent tunes.... [Wink]