Jambands.ca

Good news, bad news

bouche

From nero's site (www.neroland.com)...

"It is with mixed feelings that we make the following announcement: A very difficult decision has been made concerning the future of nero as a touring/recording entity. From this point on, Chris Buote (formerly of Downtime) will be taking over as bass player for nero, as we sadly bid farewell to Shane Clark. As this is an issue between long-time friends, we feel that nothing more needs to be said publicly, other than we hope that you will all respect this decision, as we stand on the threshold of what we hope will be a long and exciting time of making music together. All shows will go on as scheduled. Thank you for your support. "

All the best in your future endeavors Shane. I'm sure going to miss you in nero. I hope we cross paths again in the near future.

And Chris, congrats on joining nero. You have big shoes to fill that's for sure. Best of luck and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing you in nero soon.

It's going to take me a bit of time to figure out what to write w.r.t. nero, so...

...what does this mean for Downtime? The notice says Chris is "formerly of Downtime". As of last weekend, he was still in the band, and Downtime seemed to be an ongoing concern, but I guess they're back to just guitar & drums, so will they continue?

Aloha,

Brad

Shane, you know how loved and appreciated you are my friend. I felt mournful when I heard. You have brought so much joy to me and so many others. I could have watched you play with nero for a lifetime.

On the other hand, I could hardly sleep last night. My favorite guitar player and my favorite bass player in the same band...well that just made me sick with anticipation. The Punk has a way of channeling his soul through his instrument and kicking us in the ass with it. I think that Dave and him are very similar in that they are just such consuming musicians. Look out world!

Best of luck to everyone.

That sucks for so many reasons. Big shoes to fill is an understatement, Shane was the real connection to the gay underground and without that core audience what have you got: One sensible drummer and the late Jim Morrison.

Seriously though I am deeply saddened by this news. Not really words to describe the feeling.

Shane,

You will be missed more as a friend then as a musician. Anytime I ran into you, you were super friendly and always wanted to hang out, which I will miss. I feel blessed to be able to have experienced some incredible times with the old trio, and I wish Dave and Jon the best of luck in the future.

To be honest, I'm pretty bummed about this, but I'll get over it.

Kung you ARE hilarious dude! -

and you hit it on the head as well...those shoes are big (and pretty snazzy too!)

Shane bud, we ALL love you. I sincerely thankyou for so many good times, BOMBS, and solid, kick-ass performances you've dropped on me since I've known you. You're money baby! -

I'm somewhat saddened and have mixed feelings about this departure, but I must say that we must all respect the band and it's decisions. It is their decision to make and no-one else's.

Welcome PUNK! [Cool]

I look foreward to hearing what you gentlemen have in store for us [smile]

Hood

I would hope yo uottawa folks don't have to say you miss shane because you'll never see him at a nero show...I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope to see you folks soon. As much as i dig on shane's grooves, it'll be nice to see chris dig on the nero groove.

i am disappointed however that I didn't get the call to play...now i'm still just stuck with giggles...

i guess that's not TOO bad.

you'd better play london soon, boys!!

Man this has been a weird week. And now, this.

Shane, first and foremost, I hope this means nothing but good things for you. Make sure you put London or area on your list of things to do with your new found time.

Nero, I know we'll see you soon. Good luck adapting to the changes and hope to hear great things from you soon.

Darkstar to Barracuda...over and out.

After taking a full day to take this in I as Brad dont exactly know what to say.. its been a great ride on the Nero Bus so far and Im sure the ride will continue after a short detour...

Shane brother as everyone has told u here u are one kind dude... always there with a smile and even willing to drink those REAL Rum and coke's before 10 am... I hope the future brings u much success...

And to the rest o f the boys and my boy the Punk I look forward to hearing some musical bliss real soon... You guys know how to make people smile and im sure it will continue... Alll the best...

Breakups and makeups are always hard to deal with. However, I welcome EACH member of nero, new or old, to Saint John whenever they can find the time. You guys have always rocked, and I look forward to seeing Shane without his glam green bass (as much as I'll miss it), and Chris at the next opportunity.

Long live great music and life in its ever-changing beauty.

smiles,

Nina

p.s. I miss you too Todd. Get yer Maritime ass back here, soon.

Again to reiterate what everyone else has said..... Shane is great soul. I always enjoyed his great big grins and greetings. It is always refreshing when people are as great at music as they are at life.

I am sure this was a heartwrenching decision, for Shane, Dave and Jay- and I wish you all the best in whatever the future holds. Our door will always be open to any of you!!! Whether it be for a show, or just for vacation.

Shane- I have the highest degree of respect for you deciding to live your life the way you want and need to. I am sure that travelling in that bus, playing killer music was a great ride- but true love is the highest plateau you can reach. Best of luck in love and live my friend.

Long live nero!!!!

Sean

best of luck shane on your next endeavour. You three were the first show that we put on and what a perfect way to start our productions on the right foot. The boys at dilate dug your vibes. No doubt about the nero groove going on and getting tighter and going higher. Welcome chris. We will see you all at the end of october, west coast island styles.