Jambands.ca

Rheostatics question

Chewie

i'm planning to see one of the horseshoe shows in nov. (my first one)

my question for my toronto bruthas and sistas...

do i need to buy them in advance?

or b/c of the large number of shows, are tix always available at the door.

it's probably one of the thursday shows.

help anyone?

btw, anyone gonna see any of these shows?

If you're gonna be hitting one of the weekend shows in TO I'd get an advance ticket, but for any of the midweek shows I tihnk you'll be fine at the door.

Last year I didn't have tix and ended up seeing 3 of the shows, getting tickets at the door (sat, sun, monday)

jamoie, where did you hear about the ottawa date?

ad

I checked out a number of the Rheostatics' homepages. Here's the Canadian tour dates:

Thurs., Oct 24/02 EDMONTON, AB The Rev

Fri., Oct. 25/02 CALGARY, AB Night Gallery

Sat., Oct. 26/02 VANCOUVER, BC The Railway Club

Sun., Oct. 27/02 VICTORIA, BC Thursday's Pub

Sat., Nov. 2/02 OTTAWA, ON Zaphod's

Thurs., Nov. 14/02 CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I Baba's Lounge

Fri., Nov. 15/02 HALIFAX, NS Marquee Club/Hell's Kitchen

Thanks AD. I guess the 3 pints, 1 martini and a 6am wake-up work call has effected my brain. Look for me, the tired guy with the Televison " Marquee Moon " t-shirt tonight at the nero/Drums & Tuba show. I work tomorrow morning too: same time, same place, same brain-power.

Hey AD, FYI, sometimes Rheos guitarist Martin Tielli plays the " open mic " night at the Duke of Gloucester on Sunday nights. You should check it out. It's all acoustic. Some of the guys from another great Canadian band, Oxford County Circus, play there too.

Well, I'm in Ottawa actually. Saw D&T last night and was super-impressed. I think the drummer tries to show off too much though. It's hard to get funky with really fucked-up beats. Although it's still great to listen to...

I'll be down in TO for some of those Rheos gigs for sure.

AD

Hey Mr. Musicface. I just checked out your website and a name caught my eye. Jay Moonah. I went to Ryerson with that crazy, fast-talkin' guy. What's he doing on the same bill as Uncle Seth. I knew he played, but I didn't know what. I can't make it to Reilly's tonight, but I'll definitly check out Uncle Sammy and maybe even Jay sometime soon.

As far as I know, the Rheos haven't toured in a while. This is their only Toronto date mentioned so far; they will be hitting Ottawa too. Also, they have a new cd coming out. What all this means is that I would buy the tickets in advance. They kill live and the Rheos have " head-like " fans.