Jambands.ca

A little HELP from my friends

Phunky Cauldron

So here's the deal. I just recently bought a mini disc recorder off of ebay. Got it for a good price and was really pumped. But when it got here, there was no battery. So I look into it, and the only battery the MD takes is a lithium-ion battery. After a bunch of bargain shopping, I ended up getting it for $45 US plus shipping/handling and duty. Total cost to me: $80 CDN. So I pop in the battery, listen to my first MD, then I decide to test recording. It works, so I'm hyped. But then I notice that the battery is low, so I hook it up to the AC/DC adaptor and leave it overnight. In the morning, i turn on the MD and it still says low battery. Long story short...turns out the DC adaptor is broken. So I call around and nobody has a 5V DC adaptor except sharp Canada and they want $45 for it. Basically I'm really fed up with paying for this ridiculous MD and I'm hoping that somebody amongst all you phine pholk might have an extra 5V DC adaptor laying around. I'd really appreciate it and if you're not in the ottawa area I could definitely pay for shipping. I just don't want to pay $45 for something that was supposed to come free with my recorder.

Peace,

Justin

yeah that's kind of an odd voltage for consumer electronics, you need Ottawa's equivalent of an Electronic Surplus store-Kitchener has KW Surplus, Toronto has Active Surplus(Queen W)--Ottawa must have something... Those things can't be that much at those places, make sure you try it out there with a voltmeter(ask at the counter) as those things aren't always dead-on. Yer also gonna need an appropriate plug to put on the end unless you beat all odds and get the right plug with it....

If you can wait a week or so I can look thru my boxes and see if I have one-

Also, PC power supplies put out +/-5V and +/-12V, so you could get one of those for $5 and just use the 5V pins-it'll be noisy and big but hey- $5!!

Cheers,

Eric