Jambands.ca

Damn, I love my....

Asparagus

Well, Bouche...

Here's the deal with my sandwich. I buy them from the store at the General Hospital. They are all vegetarian/vegan, which is different from EVERYTHING else they serve at the hospital. It amazes to no end how unhealthy the food they serve in the cafeteria is. Pretty much everything is fried. You can get them to make you a custom sandwich but it costs you an arm and a leg, plus before they give it to you they have to fry it....Did I mention I work in a hospital?

Anyways, rambling of unhealthy hospitals aside, back to my sandwich. They are made at a place called the Pitary on Bronson which I once called to collect my prize for assembling the clown....their hours are 5:30am to 12:15pm. Why not twelve? Ok, so the sandwichs are made daily, and delivered to the store. They have lots of types, but they are all wrapped in a pita.

Long story short.....the tomatoes tasted like they were frozen but not, you know, gritty but room temperature. Gross.

Brie cheese and mango chutney sandwiches are good. But look for chunky chutney, hard to find but worth it. I'd forgotten about that picnic Dinghy

OK OK OK. Its a little far away, BUT, Chicago has to be the home of the greatest fast food EVER. Anyone ever dive into a Portillo's Italian Beef?? Or any type of Fontana's sub? Fontana's puts Quizno's to shame, for real. As per the moe NYE thread, if you need an extra push to get to Chi town, go for the food alone. Not to mention the Chicago Deep Dish pizza. AHHH!!! gotta go gotta go gotta go...I swear, just thinking about it makes me get fat. Oh, and best Gyros too [Wink]

In the egg salad sandwich, try some finely chopped celery or a pinch of cumin or curry.

Tuna salad with thinly sliced apples, all stuffed into a pita ... mmmm .... I just grew up a batch of alfalfa sprouts, and I think they'd go nicely with that.

Cheese-steak hoagies ... mmmm ...

Quiznos ... mmmm ...

Dammit, now I'm hungry, and all I have here are Werther's.

I think you've got a keeper on your hands.

Maybe you should concoct something to live up to image. I for one would love to watch Stapes drink it [Wink]

As far as sandwiches go, I made an egg salad one yesterday. It was good, but there must be more to egg salad than mashed up boiled eggs and mayonnaise.

Todays sandwich is, as of now, unannounced, but I promise that it will be good.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

As far as sandwiches go, I made an egg salad one yesterday. It was good, but there must be more to egg salad than mashed up boiled eggs and mayonnaise.

Try adding finely-diced onions, and maybe parsley (paprika maybe too/instead?). Putting it on toast, with ketchup, also makes it better.

Aloha,

Brad

onions, are usually part of the sandwich. In fact, yesterday....RED! Not diced, just sliced and added as a topping, I didn't put them directly in the yellowish, chunky sludge.

Is Asparagus going to explain his sandwich story. If it starts with "So I walk into Quizno's...." I won't believe it, cause they make GREAT sandwiches.

Oh, so the super secret sandwich is a secret no more. Well, I hope that they are good.