Jambands.ca

hey!

SolarGarlic

Beer is not a question. Beer is the answer. To which question it's the answer depends, as so many things, on exactly who is doing the asking.

As Pablo would say, "B-to-the-E-to-the-E-to-the-R", with varying numbers of "to-the-E" units; by dawn, it's often up into the dozens.

So, if you're not Pablo, and you're wondering about beer, not just counting it out, you need to ask yourself, "Self, do I feel like a beer?" Are you at one with the malt? Do you feel as bitter as the hops? Does your water boil? Are you making as much in the way of bubbles as the yeast?

Fuggedabouhid...such questions are not worthy of your time. Your time is occupied with deciding about mind-altering beverages. Beer is good, but may be an acquired taste for some. Tonight, for me, it's been the fine produc ts of Heritage; just the ticket to freeing the spirit and loosening the shackles (or is that shekels...) of modern life.

Is it possible to be in two places at once? Can one's essence be divided inequally, so you end up with more than the original sum (original sim? original sin?) of the parts?

I'm starting to think it is. Provided the tasks are different, input vs. output, for example, rather than two different outputs, sharing can happen; essential essences, the breath of living, can be shared across normally vacuum-sealed boundaries.

Beer can help, but there has to be something (or someone) there to whom it can provide the help. Sole barflies, trying to fill the void, only increase it. Should you have beer? Why do you want it? To match your lifestyle to that of paid liars? To quench a well-earned thirst? To alter thy consciousness? To experience a shared joy? To aid in dream-production?

You probably won't read this until well into the range of hours implicitly designated as unfermented (unfomented?). At that point, I can no longer help. Do what you want, but remember: Decisions honestly made result in shared spirit; decisions made selfishly, in the hopes of outwitting the group, isolate, insulate, desolate.

Aloha,

BRAD (Beer Rantings After Dekcuf)

No, it's the fact that I was doing some hard-core riffing after getting my brain scoured out by the AHS and Nick Ali, then re-scoured out by listening to the tapes, along with much beer.

It was 3:30am, and I was improvising. I'd write a paragraph, come up with another thought not immediately connected to what I'd just written, put it down, and then try and connect it up to what had come before.

I just re-read it myself, and I don't understand it. There are some interesting bits there, but not enough cohesive end-to-end coherence. It was an experiment, and not altogether successful at that. What's amazing is that I was able to type it at all...let's just say there was limited coordination between brain and fingers...

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks, but not quite. Kerouac used to use teletype rolls in his typewriter, rather than individual sheets, so he didn't have to stop and interrupt his chain of thought when he was writing.

Also, "Naked Lunch" was written by WSB while in Tangiers (IIRC) under the heavy-duty influence of morphine. He came out of the opiate-induced fog and found he had a book. He gave it to Allen Ginsberg to edit/arrange/sequence (which Ginsberg didn't, just leaving it as it was given to him), and bam! He had a classic book.

Aloha,

Brad

I love beer. Goes great with everything, except operating heavy machinery. Love it. Yesterday, Sunday, I awoke at 7am due to an early night the night before. Cleaned the crap out of the apartment. Did some chores. Big breakfast. Sat down on the balcony at 10:45 am and watched the church-goers go by, having a beer.

It was great! [smile] Nothin' like drinkin' beer on a Sunday mornin'!!

for me, all writing is improvisational.

i like to write poetry sometimes in those peak hours when insomnia has set in and if i sit down and think " ok, im gojng to write a poem here, what could it be about? what word rhymes with *freedom*?" i wouldnt get one word on the paper.

the best poetry is written on the fly ( at leasy poetry written by me).

anyways, im going to go have a beer. all this talk of hops and foam is making me thirsty [smile]