Jambands.ca

Hasselhoff says he hit 'rock bottom'

Booche

I can agree with that!

Mr. BUSEY: "...the experiences that God gave me to go through ... which were cocaine, which were extravagant living in the fast, fast, fast, fast, fast lane, see?"

Okay, this one's really weird......

About his recovery from a motorcycle accident: "One night...at [the hospital], I was sitting in bed...and saw the Grim Reaper standing in the corner. He was seven feet tall, with a brown robe. He pointed to me and said, 'Relax, it's not your time to go. You have been given gifts. These gifts are ready to be received by mankind. So get on your feet and improve.' Then he laughed, spun his scythe and left. I wasn't asleep and I hadn't been for days. Whether this was a premonition or an angel in disguise, I don't know. But it was a positive reinforcement to stay on the road to recovery, which I've done."

HAHAHAHA, check this one out!

MR: Do you have any last words for the readers of Metal Rules!?

GB: Yeah, the readers of Metal Rules!: please do one thing for yourself, that's have an open mind. Have a mind that's open to everything, get attached to nothing, that way you'll be free to digest the information in the magazine. They give you the point of view they're giving to you from their hearts. This is Gary Busey signing off.

MR: Have you ... are you on the Internet?

GB: Did you hear what I just said?

MR: What's that?

GB: Did you hear what I just said?

MR: You said you were signing off does that mean you are going? (starts laughing)

GB: Huh?

MR: You said you were just signing off.

GB: No, did you hear what I just said about telling the readers of Metal Rules!?

MR: Yeah.

GB: Did you hear that?

MR: Yeah, I taped it.

GB: That didn't come from me.

MR: Who said it? (Confused giggling)

GB: That came through me.

MR: Oh, okay. (Laughing nervously)

GB: It was something that was delivered to me to say to you because that is not the way I talk.

MR: Then who just said it then?

GB: Uh-huh.

MR: Who delivered that to you?

GB: Another force in nature.

MR: You don't know who it is?

GB: Probably an angel.

i dont have anything as good as that, but i saw an interview with gary busey on letterman soon after his motorcycle accident where he was saying under no circumstances has his accident convinced him to wear a helmet in the future.

i then saw him on letterman a year or so later when he said 'y'know when i was here last time and i said i wasnt ever going to wear a helmet? well y'know i was pretty messed up after that accident - it really affected my head. Now i know that you really oughta wear a helmet"

(i was paraphrasing, just from what i remember) i thought it was funny but honest and probably true, his head probably was pretty rattled up haha! i doubt thats the whole reason though

More Gary quotes:

MEEUWSEN: You were raised in a Christian home, and then decided, when you grew up, you wanted to go to Hollywood. What motivated you?

Mr. BUSEY: It was even earlier when I was in the first grade, I saw a movie called "Samson and Delilah," the Cecil B. DeMille film, and when it was over, I said to my mother, "Where do all the people go?" And she said, "They go out, and another audience comes in to see the picture show." And I said, "No, not those people, the people up there." She said, "You mean the people in the picture show?" And I said, "Yes." She said, "Well, they go off and they do another picture show, and so we'll come and see it." And I said, "That's what I want to do." And she said, "You want to be in the picture show?" And I said, "No, I want to tell stories with light."

MEEUWSEN: Wow.

Mr. BUSEY: And light stands for L-I-G-H-T, which stands for Living In God's Heavenly Thoughts.

Get this, I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room this evening, and there wasn't much else to do besides read the Glamour magazine that was beside me. Normally I wouldn't do such a thing but it's better than starring at little kids with colds pick their noses.... and there's a nice little write up about Busey, apparently he got himself bounced out of some Redcross function (or something like that) for showing up pissed drunk, barely able to walk, stumbling up to some random woman that he didn't know, and as the magazine puts it "Shoving his tongue her throat". Security grabbed him but I guess they were going to just deal with him quietly, sit him down or something until another woman complained that he had grabbed at her earlier. He was promptly turned out on his ear. I think it's ironic that I should read that, then come on here and read this. [big Grin]