Jambands.ca

The Two Towers

bouche

I have not gone 2 years without reading the trilogy since I was 14.....saw the movie 3 times in the theatre, what made it so good was how true they stayed to the books (some editing had to be done- understandable and forgiveable). The most exciting thing on the DVD was the 10 minute special on The Two Towers... unbelievable amount of work into these films. I am going to explode if I talk any more...

Guest Low Roller

I'm reading Return of The King right now, and it's awesome. Sure there are parts where the author describes some objects in excrutiating detail, but nonetheless it's still a great read.

If you didn't buy the DVD already, wait until November 12th. New Line is releasing an "Extended Version" of the first movie which will include 30 minutes of additional footage in widescreen DVD format. The current DVD that was just released does not.

To add to what Low Roller said, the 30 extra minutes have been incorporated into the movie. None of that stuff at the end of the dvd version with disjointed/deleted scenes to browse. Peter Jackson knew that the longer movie version on this upcoming dvd release would better explain and define his vision. Also, the bonus features are completely different than the ones on the current Fellowship dvd release. One could buy both and not feel ripped-off too, although I'm buying the November version. Can't wait.