Jambands.ca

The Jimmy Swift Band

The_Burb

Yeah, that's going to be an intense week: JSB, GTB, Dr. Huxtable (Bayou, Friday, Oct. 18), then The Nixon Tapes on Saturday, Oct. 19 at Dekcuf (replacing Nick Ali, who's heading to Russia).

Now if we could just find something for the Wednesday for a five-fer...

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

For the very ambitious:

Wednesday, October 16th, Underworld @Kool Haus in Toronto.

Underworld is probably best known for their track on the Trainspotting soudtrack. I would definitely go see them if that week were short on good shows. But it's not (see post above).

Its good to see that Morons(really myrons) probably the biggest and usually worst bar(well its a good bar just usually shitty ass music happening there) on the island is finally opening up the stage to good music instead of the top40 bands and tribute bands. JSB would rip the shit out of myrons and make a lot of new fans who dont know anything about them. good to see.

lowroller you still heading to tobin before jimmy swift?

Guest Low Roller

Tobin's music is unlike anything you've ever heard. It fuses heavy jazz with super-hi-BPM drum-n-bass. His rhythms draw on bossa nova and samba while he samples creepy string arrangements, standup bass, vicious vibes, spastic horn solos and piano loops, taking "out of control" to the next level.

quote:

Originally posted by RanchStaffer:

Its good to see that Morons(really myrons) probably the biggest and usually worst bar(well its a good bar just usually shitty ass music happening there) on the island is finally opening up the stage to good music instead of the top40 bands and tribute bands. JSB would rip the shit out of myrons and make a lot of new fans who dont know anything about them. good to see.

lowroller you still heading to tobin before jimmy swift?

i agree, i usually dont go to MORONS but i had a wicked time friday night. i heard that JSB have a contract with myrons in which that is the only place they can play on PEI.