Jambands.ca

Flute Girl performed at the Jammys!

Booche

(check out jambands.com for more info)

Last night's 2002 Jammys Presented by TDK concluded with an uplifting, marathon version of "Lovelight," with countless musicians collaborating on both stages at Roseland Ballroom in New York City. RatDog was joined on the main stage by guitarist Trey Anastasio (Phish), Warren Haynes (Govt’ Mule, Allman Brothers Band), Al Schnier (moe.), harmonica player John Popper (Blues Traveler), drummer Matt Abts (Govt’ Mule) and DJ Logic. Meanwhile, the second stage was inhabited by bassist Mike Gordon (Phish), guitarist Fuzz (Deep Banana Blackout), steel pedal guitarist Robert Randolph, saxophonists Skerik (Critters Buggin’, Les Claypool’s Frog Brigade), Hope Clayburn (Deep Banana Blackout), Jessica Lurie (Living Daylights), Tom Tom Club vocalists Mystic Bowie and Victoria Clamp and "Flute Girl." A lengthy jam ensued between both stages, with musicians egging each other on from across the room.

Earlier in the show, during Gov’t Mule’s set, the Allman Brothers Band emerged, joining guitarist Warren Haynes for “Desdemona.” Anastasio and John Scofield then performed on “Sco-Mule.” Next, ABB guitarist Derek Trucks returned and Trey remained for “Soulshine.”

Other notable collaborations included Blue Oyster Cult and moe. on “Don’t Fear the Reaper” and B-52’s and Particle on “Love Shack.”

Look for full details on the show, including a complete list of winners, later today.

Holy crap...............check out this piece of action:

Special guests performed with moe. earlier this morning at the official Jammys after party at B.B. King Blues Bar & Grill in New York City. Guitarist Trey Anastasio (Phish) joined the group around 3 a.m. for “Happy Hour Hero” -> “Recreational Chemistry,” which also featured keyboardist Steve Molitz (Particle). Guitarist Warren Haynes (Gov’t Mule, Allman Brothers Band) and keyboardist Nate Wilson (Percy Hill) then took the stage for “Opium,” which included a “Norwegian Wood” tease, and “Bodhisattva.”

In the venue’s side room, Particle welcomed keyboardist Ivan Neville (Neville Brothers) for “Metropolis." Bassist Stefan Lessard (Dave Matthews Band) and saxophonists Jessica Lurie (Living Daylights) and Sam Kininger (Soulive) then sat in on “Windjammer.”

As of press time (5:15 a.m.), Particle was still performing. The show was a benefit for the Rex Foundation.

(I also read that Moe won a Jammy for Performance Of The Year for their set at Bonnarroo, dont know if that is confirmed.)

I'm more intrigued by that happy hour hero>recreational chemistry.. wow. two of my fave tunes w.trey!!

THats the thing with moe; the star of the band is the bass player, and neither of the guitarists are truly standout virtuoso players (although they both rock). rob+trey= WOW, I bet.

I'm sure there were plenty of tapers.

I also read Trey won Tour of the Year and Album of the Year.

Robert Randolf won New Artist

Warren won song of the year and the philzone won fan site of the year (and DAMN well they should have!)

Bob Weir won Chick Magnet Of The Year for the 37th year in a row.

Keep in mind, none of that is confirmed as of yet......

Lots of highlights from the night. Trey did a funny musical acceptance speach were he commented on his extreme drug use and ramblings at bonnaroo.

There were lots of great guest appearances and the superjam was incredible but the show seemed to run very slow considering they had a house band to fill the time between sets. People also took a long time talking about and thanking people for the awards. The guys from Philzone were the worst. They went on for at least five minutes thanking everyone the new. John Popper came out after and was throwing in wise cracks about thanking the milk man.

I only caught the end of the after party but it seemd like moe. was worn out by that point even though Haynes was on staage with them. It was rather lacking. Particle however, was putting on an excellent show.