Jambands.ca

Would You? 10-3-02

Ms.Huxtable

For Hallowe'en, I might wear the Flames. Aside from that, no, I wouldn't wear them. But then, I don't go in for stuff whose purpose is solely adornment (e.g., jewelry). (I don't have anything against adornments, or the people who wear them, it's just not my thing.)

Aloha,

Brad

I first got contacts when I was five years old, and back then ('72-'73) my dad was a truck driver and cop glasses were way in, so...

When I was five I wanted more than anything something that wasn't invented yet - mirrored contacts.

Looks like I Gump-ed again.

I already get mistaken for some kind of nerdy goth vampire geek thing; the lenses would just make it worse.

Okay, so I wear a lot of black. It's practical. Okay, so I'm kinda pale. And a little photosensitive. Just as well; I hardly ever go out in the sunlight, anyway. I've learned to live with the borderline anemia, and if you don't like watching me eat a bloody, raw steak, then don't look. And I'll get the fang fixed if and when I can afford it.

Some people get the strangest ideas.

Seeing Low Roller's avatar makes me want to get little clock/watch dials. Stop signs would be fun, too, especially for those who don't want to get hit on too much. Even more fun would be mood lenses, which either changed colours or patterns with temperature.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered: I'd never wear those things. I can't stand contact lenses (heck, seeing a Visine commercial makes my eyes water). Read the intro to Harlan Ellison's "Seeing" (in his "Strange Wine" collection, IIRC) to get a feel for how I feel about them.

Aloha,

Brad

Oh Low Roller, that would be a BLAST. Obviously called 'Your Favorite Band Sucks'...

My mind is racing over here at the potentiality.

Hood and I once came up with a BRILLIANT 'stolen' storyline, but that will have to wait. We actually thought we would write it out, but realized how incredibly long it would be. I will see if I can find the cast of characters tonight, and post it. You people are going to kill yourselves laughing at that alone.

Hey LR, dont you draw or sumphin?

[Wink]