Jambands.ca

news about this "head" case

secondtube

Well, I went to the doctors yesterday and got some decent news about my heeeeed condition. Well, sorta.

They have told me my brain waves are normal, my heart is pumpin nicely, and there are no clots or tumors on my brain. [big Grin] Good Stuff.

The medication I'm on pretty much kicks my ass. Dilantin, the most common anti-seizure

medication, makes ya quite tired.

I was on three a day, doctor last week kicked me down to three one day, then two next, and so on. After the usual tests yesterday to see if my levels are high (raise hands straight out in front, walk straight line, pretty much drunk tests) i was told i get to take my levels down again. Once again, good stuff.

Of course the most difficult part in dealing with all of this is losing my licence; especially not

knowing for how long. I've heard from people anywhere from three months to multiple years.

Well the doctor checked the Ministry of Trans. manual sent to all the physicians entailing the

guidelines for re-enstating a licence taken away for a medical condition. I checked out seizures and found i have to pass an EEG, ECG, CAT scan, and finally Neurologist. I've done the first three already, and recieved posative results [big Grin] . I'm going to Neurologist at the end of the month, hoping for the best.

Once these four conditions are passed, unfortunately I must wait 365 days from the last seizure. So that means if i don't have anymore seizures, i'll get it back Sept. 9 2003! [Frown][Frown] Kinda a major bummer, but at least i have a date now, not just wondering.

Plus my doctor said if she feel comfortable with my condition she can write the M.o.Trans. with

an appeal to get my licence back sooner. That would be great.

So its gonna be a long winter, and even longer next summer, with Phish on tour. My car sitting in the driveway, me at home. [Mad][Mad]

Ratdog was great in Syracuse, but never again will i pay 300 dollars for two bus tix, with return, when it takes TWICE as long to get anywhere. Freaking 8 hours to Syracuse! [Mad]

But I’m glad I’m healthy, so far so good, and hopefully i'll see ya'll at some shows where i can bum a ride to. (too det/alb, Phish next summer!) [Wink]

Peace

glad to here your doin better buddy I know its gonna hurt not drivin for a while man but dont worry youll find other ways. Me and Kristi are plannin for albony so if you want to hitch with us your more than welcome dude. And for sure for phish next summer. Im gonna try and make it down to pepper jacks this wed so we can talk about it then. Cheers buddy.

Second Tube - There are options out there for medication. Dilanton does cause fatigue and headaches in some people. Look into Tegratol.

One has to ask themself if they would rather feel fatigued and headaches on a daily basis or suffer a seizure occasionally. The treatment can be more debilitating than the epilepsy itself. Don't let the doctors force you into medication if you live better without it.

I personally wouldn't take a pill every day that makes me feel like crap. I'd rather have a seizure once or twice a year and forget about it the other 363 days.

Just something to think about.

that's great news, wonderful that you're ok.

That is a long time without a car if youre healthy for sure. i just had to think though, that i guess i'd be glad they took your license for a little while anyway rather than have you get busted up while driving - better safe than sorry. Heres hoping the appeal works though and you get it back asap.

I'm really glad to hear things are heading in positive directions, brother. I know you've been having a hell of a time lately and laurie and I are thinking about you lots. My van is in need of repairs before it can hit the highway again but once it's up and running, you're always welcome to commute with us to any T.O./out-of-town shows we're both into.

Probably have to give the Fatties a miss this week, but we'll cross paths soon man.

Ms. Hux, if you have a seizure you loose your licence for 365 days. I work (trying to) in computers, and most requires a vehicle to go on call.

After a year, i should be down to one pill a day. If i don't take the medication, and have a seizure or two a year, my licence would never be given back.

The ends justify the means. I think each person would handle it differently. Its great hearing the kind words from everyone.

Thanks