Jambands.ca

Smokestack Canadian Tour- ROLL CALL...

shainhouse

Smokestack was great last night. Very tight, very jazzy, and a bunch of great guys. They kind of remind me of jukejoint in that they have the same format instument wise and they pump out some very solid funky jams. My only complaint was the poor turnout at the circus room. I can't remember the last time I saw that place fill up. Everybody go support these guys at the cozone this weekend, you won't be disappointed.

Guest Low Roller

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Smokestack was killer last night at Dekcuf. If you need a description of their sound I would say a cross between Phish and MMW, no shit! These boys are good, so y'all should really support them when they come to your town.

Jebus! As doubleB has said, "They kicked my ass all over the place." As Low Roller said, there's Phish and MMW in the mix, but I'd add a strong dose of GTB, too. It was some of the best playing I've ever heard in Dekcuf. Like GTB, they have vocals where they're necessary (and leave them out when they're not), write some seriously twisted harmonic and rhythmic changes (I could a strong Zappa influence in parts of the second set), and set up grooves that'll be on one of Tungsten's sons' compilations in twenty years or so...

They're also super nice guys, to boot.

Go see them.

Aloha,

Brad

These boys deserved a better fate than playing to handful of people while Dekcuf showed WWF Smackdown on the TVs (which is fucking rude IMO)...

The keyboardist/vocalist was a superstar... he could do Hornsby, he could do Medeski and man, could he sing!

For the love of gawd - go see these guys!!!

Hey mikey, night's open.....I am actually going to be there for the show. Gimme a call when you get to town and well chat.

416-469-8260.

Also, I have Dave & Tab's phone # but I think they are going to be at the cottage this weekend...but we can try.

Jod