Jambands.ca

Why Has Their Been So Much Controversy Lately

shainhouse

Lately I've been seeing some posts that have erupted into arguments and verbal fist fights. I'm just wondering why all this stuff is going down or if I'm just over-exaggerting unintentionally because I'm not as educated on the subject as I thought I was.

Just wondering..

why can't we all just get along?

It's the music that matters.

Peace out-

DISCLAIMER- Not meant to offend anyone, just meant to bring discussion to what I think it a matter that would best be resolved then let kept going...

see ya at Smokestack.

well chances are it all started when certain people put down certain members of certain bands because they feel obliged to, showing mass lack of respect towards those certain bands.

and because of this, certain fans of certain bands, who were unfortunate enuff 'not' to see these certain bands, get all riled up.

because the scene is growing, its not as small as it used to be. not everyone can get along. this scene is full of people who are storng willed, strong minded, open minded, peole who really care about music and the commuity in witch we all are apart of. i like the alittle controversy in are scene i think its little GROWING PAINS that the scene is having. before it was only few bands a few people now we have so many people and bands in the can jam scene that there's all sorts of stuff happening.

and i also like not being apart of the controversy lol.

"cann't we all just have a bong"

when you have people that love music so much there's going to be clash's all the time , and that's good. keeps everyone in check just like what happened to kung. what happened to kung is some thing thats suck's for him but i think the right choice was made.

HAHAHAHA, frickin' perfect................

I like Kung's attitude, once I figured out he is telling it from a truthful perspective. I have not agreed with everything he has said, but who cares? Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

You know what though, EVERY message board has tons of in-fighting eventually. Some people take things a little too literally and they also can feel like they are being attacked, when they are not. Dont ask me why, I have just noticed these things.

We are checking out Nero at the Scherzo tonight, and I am predicting a 'love-fest'

I definitely actively participate in what I would call hippy baiting. I also don't think of myself as a journalist or a professional which is part of the problem. It's not like I have a degree in journalism or put letters after my name. I've read some books and seen some bands. I really try to bring as much to bear on the music as I can. The music deserves that. Storytelling is lying, claims to knowledge are claims to power. More of a hack comedy writer anyways. I'm truly fascinated by how little probing writing is done about the music and culture we listen to. If you think about it even the best reviews you read are almost always faithful representations of exactly what went down moment to moment.

Free country, people have the right to write whatever they want about any band, people have the right to disagree with that and write their own rebuttal. then people have the right to get angry at the rebuttal. Then other people have the right to insult the original people who then have the right to insult them back. Then everyone has the right to realize it's all a waste of time as long as you know what you love, know what moves you and know not a single post anywhere on any board is going to change your mind about a band that gives you a feeling that the secrets of the universe are only a song away, and they'll be getting to it shortly after making you shake your ass off.

If everyone agreed to only be insulting if insulted...

We should all remember a piece of advice I got a long time ago - Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they all stink except your own.

I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion and to express it freely. It becomes annoying and immature when people get upset over other peoples reactions to their opinions, especially when it is obvious that it may be a controversial one or it is being expressed for the sole purpose of pissing others off.