Jambands.ca

ROSE GARLAND & DIESEL DOG - Friday @ CoZone

ike

I think some of the band members have changed in the last 4-5 years. More specifically their drummer and maybe the bass player.

Make no mistake they are all super tight though. What I first really got off on was how the drummer Aaron sings a lot of the songs, you don't see drummers singing enough.

Anyone else in for the trip?

I'll be there!

I haven't seen Rose Garland since one of their first gigs, about five years ago, when they opened for a band called Buddahs Don't Box. Back then I was just starting to get into the dead, and I really enjoyed them, can't wait to see where they are at now! They are a bunch of solid guys too, I've met them a bunch of times, but still have yet to check them out. Time to make ammends! [smile]

Diesel Dog will hit the stage shortly after 11 pm, so come early enough to check these guys out...but don't be shocked if you get there before 11 'cuz there's some snowboard flicks and a short "Off The Mark" band set happening as part of the Toronto snowboard convention prior to the Rose Garland/Diesel Dog party.

See y'all post pre-show partying - Peace - Karen

yes. My buddy Brian is coming over and we're going to sit and listen to Phish 12-9-97 (State College, PA). We've spent a lot of time over the years sharing those Fall 1997 shows with each other, and this was always the one that never seemed to pop up on anyone's list, for whatever reason. Well, I finally snagged a copy through a kind b&p offer, and we're really looking forward to some more Fall 97 goodness! He's moving to South Korea in a few weeks and I'm really gonna miss him. [Frown]

But have a great time at the show!! [big Grin]

Rose Garland probably won't get on stage until 12:30AM.

They are a band thats been around for 5 years now, always covering the Dead no original tunes. One of the guitar players (Dave) sings a lot like Bobby and Aaron the other singer on Drums is really good as well. They always have their own sound and lighting equipment including liquid lights. Recently they've started covering a few Phish tunes which I don't personally enjoy but it sounds all right, I do like Glen the bassist singing Mike's Song and Ya Mar.

Unlike Caution Jam they don't cover the dead in their own way, I find their objective is to sound more like the Grateful Dead every time they play together.

I went out and saw them in Thorold, ON with Caution Jam in the spring time and have been to every one of their shows since. A great band if you love the Dead.

Hope to see some of you there.