Jambands.ca

Carnivore or Herbivore?

LJFH

I eat meat and enjoy it. I do feel like I should point out that I *love* my vegetables and often go for days without meat and barely notice it. Tonight, it's 3-cheese herbed tortellini in spicy tomato sauce with an asparagus salad. Mmmm....

Apart from raw celery and grapefruit, I like just about everything!

I'm flexibly omnivorous, as I try to achieve a carbohydrate (simple & complex) / fruit / vegetable / protein / caffeine / alcohol balance by consuming meat & fruit/vegetable products.

Seeing as my diet is a superset of the vegan / vegetarian diets, I have no problem eating with vegans / vegetarians or at restaurants (like The Green Door).

A couple of years ago, the company Christmas party featured a full dinner. You had to book in tables of 10, and we had 8 people. I was booking the table, and, luckily, we had a couple of singles at it, who immediately were tagged as bringing "guests", with their tickets to be allocated to real people later.

When I booked the "guest" seats, I gave one a regular meal (roast beef), and one vegetarian (cheese-filled ravioli). When I told the AVP to whom I ended up giving the tickets about the vegetarian meal, he got upset, saying he didn't like vegetarian food. I guess he'd never realized that spaghetti a la marinara is really vegetarian...

Aloha,

Brad

Yup, I too am an omnivore. I rarely eat red meat or pork. Mostly chicken and fish, but I love veggies and vegetarians. [Wink]

I was a vegetarian for about 2 years in high school. At the time I didn't like things like tofu, soy, lentils, beans or legumes. Needless to say I wasn't a very healthy vegetarian. I could pull it off a lot better now that my tastes have evolved to include those things, but don't have the same opinions on diet that I did in high school.