Jambands.ca

vancouver next weekend

meggo

hey weezy and any other vancouver-ites, i'm just wondering if you know of anything going on in the big city next friday, the 8th. i have a buddy from home flying in from japan that night (for any chatham peeps, it's corey wells), he has an overnight delay so we're going over to see him. anything? also - i'm leaning toward staying on the island thurs, since i'm going to be over there in a week... money stuff... blah. anyway, let me know. cheers [Wink]

HA!

November 8th in Vancouver:

Themasses with Tala - Backstage Lounge, Granville Island. (Themasses is my band - this is our first show since August)

Slammin' Jack @ El Cocal - Free show (local jamband)

John Zorn's Electric Masada @ The Vogue Theatre $42

Maybe I'm biased, but I think you should go to the Themasses/Tala show... click here to hear Themasses from The Kaleidoscope Fest Aug. 3rd (download starts right away)

Let me know if you're coming to our show!

Hostelling International Vancouver Central

1025 Granville St. (Granville/Nelson)

toll free 1-888-203-8333

local 604-685-5335

dorm rooms are 19.95 for members, 23.95 for non-members

private rooms are 69.00 for members (w/ full ensuite washroom) or 78.00 for non-members

It also happens to be the closest hostel to Granville Island. (and definately the most luxurious in town) the only down-side - there's no kitchen yet, they're working on it.

How do I know all this you ask?? It's where I'm working right now...

....freaky

hey meggo what's new? sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned. how is school going for ya? is this your last year? there's not much happening down this way, same old shit. the chatham crew is heading to hookah at the magic bag this friday and that should be a good time as always. anyways have a great weekend and play safe. [smile]