Jambands.ca

Last Chance To Wassabi

show---whore

The last show before heading back out west for The Wassabi Collective. YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THIS BAND

Pepper Jack's 38 King William st Hamilton 905-525-6666

The Casbah November 3rd The Wassabi Collective

Seeing all that wood and skin on stage got my ear tuned right up just waiting to hear the earth tones of those instruments on the stage.

The Wassabi Collective, a major touring act from the West Coast played last night at the Casbah.

Seeing all that wood and skin on stage got my ear tuned right up just waiting to hear the earth tones of those instruments on the stage. No warming up for this band, they started right into the hard rhythmic song, "Third Way" which was just full out madness. This band just gave’r and didn’t let up. Then came one of their songs that I’ve heard before "Caravan", this song is a trip. It starts out slow and melodic and builds into an unreal jam session full of drumming and crazy licks that make you smile. Towards the end the set, a rendition of with Feelin Free was a nice touch.

Set two was a short set do to Sunday nights at the Casbah shows end at 12. Included in the set were; Tree Some, The Room and Tilla Getts. This set had each band member play a little solo to show off their unreal playing..

After the show I was informed that this was just a little warm-up and the show at Pepper Jack’s on Friday night will be full out crazy. Pack up the kids and get in the car, get on the bus, hop on a plane you DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS BAND!!!!!

Shane McCartney

Set I

Third Way

Foi

Caravan

Irie Island

Favers

Intro->

Feelin Free

Set II

3 Some

The Room

Tilla Getts

More Information on The Wassabi Collective:

The Wassabi Collective, (TWC), is a unique group of musicians and dancers able to adapt to any artistic venue. This professional collection of artists currently has 6 core members. The Wassabi Collective features Jennifer Grindlay (vocals, baritone marimba),Scott Milne (bass), Jeremie Doiron (guitar), Stephan Moore (vocals, drums), Melissa Meretsky (congas, djembe, vocals), and Derek Book (vocals, tenor marimba).

The Wassabi Collective personifies dance energy, playing "Ethno-funkin-tribal-jazzy-world-trance" music with unbelievable accuracy and soulful dynamics. In the post-techno era, TWC has learned how to keep a dance floor packed with organic instruments. The beat is fast, furious, and very, very fun!

The musical portion of the show rotates the talented musicians in various configurations. A few songs played by the powerful marimba percussion section may be followed by a soulful jazz/funk quartet. Players switch instruments while the beat continues. The end of the show is a climactic finale that always has the audience pressing the stage in glee.

The show is more than just music. The act also involves very talented dancers. These dancers add to the ambience of TWC shows, setting a fun and lively mood. All dances are performed in good taste, upholding cultural tradition, grace and spirit. The poi dancers may dazzle audiences by, a theatrical black light Poi show, or (venue permitting), crowds may witness a spectacular fire show, with hula hoop, poi, and wands aflame. The Wassabi Dancers display traditional and not-so-traditional styles of dance including belly dancing with live percussion. The dancers include Heather Holdener, Tashia Weeks, and Melissa Meretsky . Check out the pictures of these wonderful dancers on the photos page.

This group has a mixture of dynamic performances that captivate audiences with their powerful lyrics, intense rhythms and mesmerizing dances. These kind-hearted people strive to perform shows for people of all ages and all backgrounds, sharing healing, creative celebration with as many people as possible. The Wassabi Collective & friends offer more than just a musical show, they offer a cultural extravaganza.

Having its beginnings at various venues in the Okanagan, The Wassabi Collective has went on to success in some of the best clubs and venues in British Columbia, selling out numerous shows in Victoria, where the band is currently based.

For the past three years, The Wassabi Collective, has played to over three hundred venues, including large festivals, international sporting events, community and private events, as well as hosting their own shows. There are too many to list, so here are some of our most memorable shows.

Upcoming Tour Dates:

Wednesday November 6th Comfort Zone Toronto ON Groove Wednesdaze

Friday November 8th Pepper Jacks Hamilton ON

Thursday November 14th Liberty Lounge Calgary AB Mount Royal College

Friday November 15th Canmore Hotel Canmore AB 2 nights

Saturday November 16th Canmore Hotel Canmore AB

Monday November 18th Rose and Crown Banff AB tentative

Tuesday November 19th Rose and Crown Banff AB tentative

Friday November 22nd Eldorado Lounge Fernie BC 2 nights

Saturday November 23rd Eldorado Lounge Fernie BC

hit up one of these shows this band is a must see.

http://wassabicollective.tripod.com/index.htm

Hey get yer asses to this show and nobody gets hurt!!!!!!!!

I'll be workin the door say high!!!

$7.00 at the door have patience I may need to use my super math skills tonite and they may be rusty!!!Hahaha

See ya there and if Don't see ya next show!! [Confused][Confused][Confused][Eek!]

Wow, what a fantastic show that was last night!!! Tribal jungle jamming that made the crowd dance all night and scream for more. And what a great crowd it was ... lots and lots of friendly people letting loose and getting down.

Thank you show--whore and jambase [Wink] for making this happen!!!

Peace, Mark

had a blast!!!! great to see some fine people all out in the Hammer, it's been a while. I really enjoyed hanging with a whole bunch of nice people last night (nice to meet you Will!) and I thought the band was great and super-fresh. Infectious energy, especially with the fantastic weather. Pepper Jacks is such a nice and agreeable place to see a show, the staff and management there are the tops too.

Tons o' fun!!

(now, why has my head felt like this

- all day?!?! [Confused][Confused][Confused]

quote:

why wasn't it taped?

having a tuff day on friday. i starting moving at 6am that day, and when i got to the bar was having some sound issue so i just couldn't deal with the taping thing i had my gear but no time. the stage set up was huge. thanks to Esau13 for the help setting up that night i really needed it.

i did tape the casbah show sunday night. the show at Pepper Jacks was way better, i'll have the casbah show online soon.

shane you have friends you know [Wink]

I can help with shit if u need it. setting up, taping, whatever.

i know my minidisc > board isn't the greatest combo, but it certainly works.

Well, thanks for the GREAT night anyways.

I love it when a bar realizes you don't drink alcohol and give you free pop all night. doesn't sound like much, but it means a lot to the patron.