Jambands.ca

Message to Vancouver area members

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Hi there Vancouver,

I have a small favour to ask all of you. My older sister, who lives in Surrey, is desperatly looking for a job, but can't find anything. She has 10 years of experience as an executive assistant, she speaks four languages, and she's an all around good person who been stuck in a serious rut for way too long.

Do any of you have any contacts, or know of any job openings?

It may be a long shot, and I don't know any of the people personally (friends of friends) but Ludicorp (makers of Gameneverending: www.gameneverending.com is planning to launch this massive online game in the near future. They seem to be driven people who work very hard and love what they do (according to friends) and someone who speaks 4 different languages and has 10 years experience might be just what they need when they go worldwide, it's worth an email to inquire about it anyway. Go to the gameneverending site to get Ludicorp contact info, it's not much but I hope something good may come of it. Good luck to her.

Is there any screenshots anywhere? I went to the site and all they have is a sign-up. I'd like to see at least a briefing on it.

I guess they have a prototype for the game in flash. Seems odd. They're testing it, THEN they're going to build the game. I guess it'll be years before that ever comes around.

Hey Bouche,

they are just alpha testing certain components of the game which they introduce regularly, the real game being developed simultaneously by Ludicorp, I think it is more of a case of within the next year as opposed to years but I'm not really sure. I don't know where you would go to get some screen shots but I can tell you that it is worth checking out just to see the design, there are people who have put in almost 300 hours of playing time since they began alpha testing in mid to late september, it is going to be an addictive game for some and already a community has developed (including a fanzine). Me, I stay away from it myself because I already have enough addictions that take up alot of my time [smile]