Jambands.ca

Government Mule article

Booche

I hear ya Doug!

Jaimoe has been going off about Warren for YEARS and I didnt really start to get into him until 99. Then, he joined the PLQ and that has gotten this snowball a rollin.

Thanks Sloth, we are listening to that Mule you left me, 02-22-02.....Warren singing with NO instruments, Grinning In Your Face, is chilling to the bone.

Email me Doug if you want to trade for it. I am on a burning mission right now.

Warren Haynes is a really nice guy, too. I met him in 1997 at a Gov't Mule show at the Opera House. I had just returned from summer tour, and someone gave me a free ticket and a lift to the show. One of the guys that was in our group was underage, and the bouncers wouldn't let him in, even though the band's manager had put him on the guest list. While we were outside, the band came off of their bus to enter through the side door. The situation was explained to Warren, who handed this kid his guitar case, and said, "Just follow me." He took the kid in through the side door as a roadie, and then took his guitar back and directed him through a door that would take him down to the floor, and said, "Enjoy the show." Afterwards, the band stood outside their bus and signed autographs and had their pictures taken with fans until everyone had their chance to speak to them (I had them sign my copy of Live At the Roseland). A class act, all around - great show, too! [big Grin]

Brian.