Jambands.ca

Meteor Storm Set to Dazzle Star Gazers

Guest Low Roller

i actually saw some last night at 11pm - was i the only one? i was pretty determined - it was pretty clear, but the moon was very bright...

Mainly i saw little clusters of stars all over that were moving together like sperm. i know - i can't think of any other way to describe it though... then after about 10 minutes, nothing...

it wasnt all that spectacular for me...

Guest Low Roller

My alarm clock went off, I smacked it with a left hook, and the rest was dreamy bliss.

I'm happy that so many people got up to try and see the shower. Did anybody see anything besides their own breath and clouds?

so I got up at 4 and hit the road... clouds everywhere but I decided to go for it anyways... drove up around Guelph and hit some country roads for a while... around 5:30 I decided I was beat so I turned around to head home(had enjoyed myself driving around in the pre-dawn listening to Northern Lights on CBC)... made a wrong turn and couldn't believe it but dead ahead of me the full moon broke through the clouds... so I stepped on it and raced towards the break in the sky... as I came up to it I saw my first star of the night and was far too happy about the whole thing... so I tried to gauge my bearings, as from what I remembered the constellation of Leo is south-east in the morning... having figured this out(maybe) I navigated myself to where I figured was northwest of the hole in the clouds, found a cool really dark stretch of road and pulled over... hopped out and smiled at the 2 stars I could see... suddenly, there was a Leonid! it flew down and to the left(reminded me of a firefly)... 245 years or something making its way to light up the sky for a second... I couldn't believe it and jumped up and down... stood out for 20 more minutes but the cloud hole filled up again and that was it...

not much of a spectacle but I had fun... chasing tornadoes must be a kick... [smile]